Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Chantzlyn is 17 Months Old



I can't believe that my little blond haired blue-eyed beauty is already 17months old.  I know this seems like a weird thing to say, but this is a big deal for me.  I have been seeing this mile-marker coming and it's weighed a little on me.  You see, Preslee was 17 months old when we met Chantzlyn for the first time.  It's like the moment Pres became the big sister and not the baby.  So in some ways, this month marker is kinda like a "not a baby" anymore mile marker.... does that make sense?  It's like all the sudden I can remember Preslee meeting this tiny baby 17 months ago as a 17 month old & all the sudden my sweet Chantz doesn't seem like a baby.... more like a toddler... which is hard to swallow knowing that she is my last baby (unless the Lord plans otherwise), and I'm slowly saying goodbye to the baby phase of my life. But my sweet girl has had a big month!  I feel like just in the last two weeks she has gotten so big & accomplished SO much!

Chantzlyn Hope:
- This month you traded in your primary means of transportation.... you now walk more than you crawl!!!  You still crawl some, but basically you rely on your legs to carry you to and fro.  It's so cute to watch you finally get it all figured out!  And I love that I can watch your face & you just beam of pride in your accomplishment!
- This month your speech has really started coming through!  Really, the last week and a half you have really tried to start "talking."  You will try to copy words when we ask you to say them & it's cute to hear you try. The BEST thing ever is that you will finally say "Ma-ma!"  It's makes my heart so happy to see you look up at me and say "Ma-ma" in your little voice!  Or even when you are screaming because you are mad & you are saying my name!!  I just love that you use it in perfect context & you know exactly who I am. You also say, "Nee-nee" perfectly for "Kennedie" and you try to say Sawyer: "Ah-ya." Preslee is a tricky one for you, but you try. I can't really type how you say it because it comes out different every time. You also say "Biii-ble."  It's in perfect context and you say it loud & it's adorable! You also really like pineapple & you say, "pie-apple."
- The cutest thing you do is pick up your play phone and put it up to your ear and say, "ah-low." Or how you'll pick up any random toy- a baby doll, play food, a Barbie bed, and put it up to your ear like a phone too & say, "ah-low." SO funny!  I die laughing!  You are so creative!
- You also have an insane overhand throw. I'm very impressed with your ability to throw!  It may run in your genes-- Ms. Jess played softball & so maybe you will too one day!  Mikala would be excited about that I'm sure!
- You have also started "playing" babies this month. You will pick your baby up and kiss it and hug it and put it in a stroller and push it around. It's so sweet!  You are the best little Mommy ever!
- You are also really loud!!  Girl!  When you get mad you will let us know for sure!   You have got some lungs on you & your not afraid to use them. You will get mad sometimes when we tell you no and you will just scream at the top of your lungs!
- With the screaming you have also learned to rare your back some & almost give a full tantrum!
- You are also getting pickier this month as far as food goes. Preslee was the same way at this age. It's like you will forgo a meal time if it's not something you want to eat. You have no problem if there are carbs on your plate, but you do have some trouble with some of the healthier options.
- You are still napping in the morning for about 2 hours... sometimes a little longer and sometimes a little shorter.  Occasionally we'll lay you down for a second nap in the afternoon for 30 minutes to an hour.
- You are still wearing 12 month clothes and your foot is probably about a size 2. You are now wearing size 4 diapers.
- You have been teething lately, so it's hard to know how many you have, but you have a mouthful! I do know you have your molars & it seem like you have been trying to cut your pointy teeth.
- You know most of your facial body parts- nose, mouth, eye, ear.
- You like to hold your spoon still while you eat, but you still primarily like to use your hand.  But now you are trying to use your spoon some too!

Precious baby girl.... I wish I could just soak you and all your sweetness up!  You are a true gem and bring so much joy to everyone you are around. I love you so much!  You are funny & playful and I love to just sit back and watch you. I'm so thankful that I get to be your Mommy!  I love how you will snuggle into my chest and how you finally call me by name. You are getting so smart & I'm so incredibly proud of you. I love you more than I could ever put into words.  











No comments:

Post a Comment