Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Chantzlyn is 14 Months Old


I can't believe my little Chantlzyn-bear is already 14 months old.  Didn't she just turn one yesterday? Crazy!  Sister bear is so much fun & keeps us smiling all day long.  She is getting so big, so fast!

Sweet Chantzlyn:
- Your biggest accomplishment this month was weening.  You were a rockstar.... me not so much.  We've officially gone 6 days now.  I'm not going to lie... I really drug out the process because I was having a hard time saying goodbye to that special time that we shared together- especially knowing that you would be my last baby to nurse.  I'm so incredibly thankful to have nursed you for {almost} 14 months. I know that you were able to get the best nutrients possible and that we were able to share that unique bond.  I will always treasure those special snuggles & that gift that we were able experience together.
- On a lighter note, you are a turbo-fast crawler these days!  There is no holding you back from getting anywhere you desire.  You are on the move & working hard to keep up with your big sisters!
- You are pulling up on everything & even doing a little furniture walking.  Not big movements or lots of them, but some.  You will pull up on the fireplace & move from side to side slowly on it, or the same with the couch.  Occasionally you will try to push a chair around so you can try walking with it.  I try to help you hold onto your walker, but I don't think you like to push that as much.  I think it's a bit to quick for you at this point & it intimidates you some.
- As far as standing on your own, I have caught you twice accidentally standing without holding onto something.  Once was just for one or two seconds off the fireplace, but you quickly grabbed back on. Another time you were playing with the busy ball popper & you were standing on it to see the balls & you let go for probably a good 5 seconds before you realized what you were doing and sat down.  You looked at me with such big proud eyes and then you got scared and sat down. It was the cutest thing ever!
- You have really taken to the busy ball popper this month & really love playing with "ba's" {balls}.  It's fun to watch you have fun!
- You have started saying "Na" for "no" this month too & started using your sign language a little more {not much, but some}. You also say, "pup" for any dogs that you see-- you love them!
- Speaking of "no," you are still a doing a great job at listening.  That word will stop you dead in your tracks and you will turn to look directly at me.  You listen so attentively- it's really remarkable!
- Bath times are finally more enjoyable for you.  Last month you were finally getting over hating baths, but now I would say  you are loving them.
- You are wearing 6-9 month clothes perfectly right now and based on your growth {not much}, you may be in these for another month or so before we bust out the 12 month clothes. Shoes are still so big on you.  You haven' even sized into a size one yet... still in 0-6 or 6-12 month shoes depending on which ones... you have the tiniest little feet-- only 4 inches.
- You teethed some molars about a week and a half ago. Bless your heart.   You have the hardest time teething... I feel so bad for you.  Your big sisters did not seem to have nearly as much pain as you do. You sure do let us know when you are hurting.... you are very fussy, very snotty, not hungry, and then tend to have very loose bowels.   Basically all symptoms you tend to show.  You have 8 teeth right now, but it appears you may be getting ready to teeth 2-4 more. It's so hard to tell, because you do NOT like it when I try to look in your mouth.
- You like to pull the Christmas tree ornaments off the tree & have found the dishwasher to be quit amusing.
- You still love to swing outside & will point outside & say "Ah."  You cannot understand why we can't swing in the super cold weather we've been having.
- You are a great eater & will mostly eat whatever we put in front of you (unless you are teething and then you just don't like anything).  You especially love pumpkin bread & puffs & all other things carb. Ha!  You take after me!
- You still just have the tiniest bit of hair.  It sure is taking it's time to come in. Still super blond & still have those big blue eyes!


My precious baby girl... how is it that each month passes by so quickly?  I can't believe that we are already at this point..... completely weened & acting so big!  My heart aches with joy and love when I look at you.  You are so wonderfully made & I'm so thankful every day that I get to be your Mommy.  You are taking on new milestones weekly and trying so hard to keep up with your big sisters.  I'm so proud of all that you have accomplished so far and can't wait to see all that you will do in the future. I know that God has so many wonderful things planned for you to participate in His Kingdom work. My prayer is that you'll continue to grow big and strong and that you learn all about HIS great love for you as you fall in love with HIM.  May you know Him as Lord and choose Him all the days of your life.  I'm just so proud of you Chantzlyn Hope!  I love you more than I could ever put into words.  



Because it's not all roses and sunshine & you can see all the teeth here!


Balls!













No comments:

Post a Comment