Monday, November 7, 2016

Chantzlyn is 13 Months Old



It seems like yesterday we were partying away celebrating the big ONE, and now that's old news & this big girl is 13 months old today.  Each month seems to sneak up on me.  I still feel like it was last week that we brought this beauty home from the hospital.  I still can't believe I'm so blessed to be her Mommy. So what does 13 months look like?.......

Chantzlyn Hope:

-This month you have really become a little speedy crawler.  It's amazing how fast those little legs can get you around!  You think it's so funny when I pretend to chase you... you will just crawl away as fast as possible & then stop to look to see if I'm still coming. It's so cute!
- Last month you started pulling up, but this month you have really started trying to move just tiny little baby steps to the left or right as you pull up on things.  Last week you pulled up on a chair and it slowly moved & you took a few steps holding onto it.  You were so proud of yourself!  You just grinned from ear to ear.
- You have SIX teeth now!  You were teething during your birthday, but those top two finally popped on out about a week after your party.  You also got the two bottom next to your middle teeth this last week. Bless your heart... teething is rough on you & you get pretty miserable during the process.
- I would say one of your biggest accomplishments this month has been learning the word "no."  You don't say it, but boy-howdy do you know what it means.  If you start to try to do something you shouldn't, I can just tell you "no," and you stop dead in your tracks and look at me.  If I keep a straight face & don't smile at you, you stop immediately and then quickly crawl to me and kind of nudge your head at me wanting me to hug you or pick you up.  It's so sweet. It's like you knew you did something you were not supposed to and you are looking for me to just snuggle you up & tell you it's okay.  Of course I'm loving the extra snuggles & I'm so proud at how well you listen.  You are such a good little baby.
- You don't put everything in your mouth anymore.  You will put some stuff in and I have to dig out fuzz or something that you've found, but sometimes you just pick it up and try to "hand it" to someone or just look at it and move it away.
- You have really upped your ante in your eating game this month. I would say you are eating just as much and sometimes more than your sisters.  You are LOVING food this month. Ha! You eat pretty much anything we put in front of you.  Sometimes you'll go through 3 bowls of oatmeal or 3 bowls of soup.  Sometimes we wonder if you'll stop.  Lol!  I love that you have found your appetite. You may end up being a foodie like your mommy!
- Speaking of eating, you have started drinking whole milk this month, and we are still in the process of weaning.  You are down to 3 feedings a day.  Your Daddy makes fun of me because he says I'm dragging it out.  He knows how hard it will be for me to say goodbye to this special time that we've had together.  You will be my last baby to nurse & part of me is having a hard time saying "goodbye" to that part of my life.
- You will try to say "puuu" for "Puffs."  You love, love, love to snack on those puffs.  That's about the only new word you have tried to say this month. You understand so much, but you really are not wanting to try to talk or do sign language.
- You totally know your name.  If I say "Chantlzyn" or "Chantlzyn Hope," or "Chantz" you will come "running." {Not really running... just pitter pattering crawling as fast as you can!}  It's so cute!
-You still love being outside & especially swinging.  It's so cute!
- You are wearing size 6-9 month clothes & size 3 diapers.
- You love your sisters so much {and they love you so much} and that makes my heart so happy.  You want to be right in the middle of all their action and they are for sure the ones who get the most giggles out of you.
- You love to stand at the screen door and look out at the action.  It's so cute!
- You have also started to sleep with your bear that you got at our court hearing to make your adoption final.  One night I came in and you had him snuggled under one of your arms... it was so sweet.

Sweet Chantlzyn, I can't believe another month has passed. I feel so blessed to be your Mommy.  You are so sweet and so loving and you truly captivate my heart more than you'll ever know.  Your smile is to die for & those big blue eyes could melt any heart.  You bring so much joy to our lives.  My prayers is that sweet spirit of yours will continue to grow and stay pure.  I pray that you grow to love the Lord and choose Him every day of your life.  That you will be confident and joyful in who God created you to be.  Sweet daughter of mine, I treasure every sweet snuggle & open mouth kiss that you give and I love you more than I could ever put into words.  















No comments:

Post a Comment