Y'all. First of all, how in the world is my baby almost ONE?! When did that happen?! Ahhhhh!!! Time is just flying by and I'm not sure I'm okay with this HUGE milestone creeping up on me! Second, I can't believe that I am a day late on this blog! I so had my days mixed up and SO thought that today was the 7th... it's not... it's the 8th. Heyyyyy... so Mrs. I'm All Caught Up On My Blog is a day behind completely accidentally. That's okay. I'm totally fine that I lived in complete denial yesterday that my baby was 11 months old.... today, I face the hard truth! This was a BIG month for my little girl!
Love bug Chantzlyn:
-Well, you did it!!!! With no time to spare and a few days before turning 11 months old you mastered the art of crawling!!!! Yay!!! You have figured out how to get those little legs tucked under you & move and get those arms supporting you and moving! You are so adorable & the cutest little pint sized crawler I've ever seen! Speed is not on your side yet, but you've got it down and I'm so incredibly proud of you!
- You are also pulling up on things to your knees. Not quit ready to pull yourself up to your feet, but you will stand and put pressure on your feet now when we help you. Yay!! A few weeks ago I came in to get you up and you were just sitting up in your crib looking around. It made me SO happy! I ran out and told Daddy how you were just sitting there! It was the first time ever not laying, which meant you got yourself from laying to sitting all by yourself! I was so proud!
- You saw your ECI occupational therapist twice last month and once today. You are completely caught up to where you need to be as an 11 month old.
- You can not only pick your food up, but now you will actually put your little bite-sized food in your mouth.... that along with all the dirt on my floor! Who needs a Roomba when you have an 11 month old?! Just kidding, but you are keeping me on my toes to sweep and vacuum more (which I'm sure your daddy appreciates!), but sisters aren't so happy with me that I've put all the Barbie shoes up until you are over putting things in your mouth.
- Speaking of eating, you have really branched out. You eat most anything that we are eating. You primarily are still eating baby food, but every now and then I'll give you tastes of what we are eating. Some of your new favorites are biscuits, strawberries, mangos, and pancakes!
- You have added a new word to your vocabulary and it is the cutest thing ever. You now say, "Uh-oh!" Ahh-- it's so cute!!
- You are also waving and I love it! This sounds terrible, but it's more like a "Hail Hitler" straight arm in the air move, but it's so cute! Every now and then you'll get the hand movement, but normally it's just kinda straight out and up to say hi or bye to someone!
- You can also clap your hands now-- which is the sweetest thing ever!
- You still just have your bottom two teeth, but I really think you may be teething right now. You've been chewing on things, you've had clear snot, and a super low grade fever just like when you pushed those bottom teeth out. We'll see if any new ones pop out!
- You are still in a size 2 diaper, but I think you'll be moving into a size 3 soon.
- You are still wearing primarily 3-6 month clothes, but maybe moving into 6-9 soon (although you do still wear a handful of 0-3 month clothes-ha!).
- You still love the water when we go swimming, although when we went yesterday you kept getting super annoyed with your swim hat. Of course I wanted to keep it on your head so you wouldn't get sun burned, but you just kept trying to pull it off. You were pretty mad at me when I put it back on. Silly girl.
- With that, you still don't have much hair, but it's slowing coming in. What hair you do have is very light blonde.
- We have a little Playskool "Wheels on the Bus" toy, and it is by far your favorite. You love the little people who "ride" on the bus and you enjoy taking them out and playing with them. You also like it when it sings the "Wheels on the Bus" song. It's super cute to watch you so entertained with it!
My precious baby girl, I am so incredibly proud of you and all that you have accomplished this month. You have grown up so much these last few weeks and it makes me smile to think of all that you've been able to do, but it also means you are growing out of the baby phase which is kinda hard on my Momma heart.... but you'll always be my baby no matter how old. Sweet girl, your smile lights up a room and just melts my heart! I love you with as much love as I could ever imagine. You are so precious to me and I'm so thankful for you every day!
|This was my little sun romper when I was a baby.|
|That sweet face though!|