Sunday, August 7, 2016

Chantzlyn is 10 Months Old


Oh man. Time is just flying by!!!! I truly can't believe this girl is already two months shy of a one year old! Ahhhh!!!  So crazy to me!  I feel like this little one is still just my little-bitty baby.... I'm not sure I'm ready to accept this 10 month thing!  A little bit about my baby......

Little Darling:
- You have not gained a lot of ground this month on any major movements.  You are still not pulling up, or pulling your legs under you to rock, or crawling, or standing, or able to sit up on your own once you are laying down. We did borrow a little doorway jumper from the neighbor and that has helped you feel your feet under you.  At first you hated the jumper and didn't know what to do and you couldn't jump at all.  But now you are jumping and bouncing like a rockstar.  You just have a problem when you stop jumping... you don't stand or put pressure on your legs-- you just let them dangle. You have been able to lay yourself down and you get to a position with one leg in front and one leg in back, almost like a front to back split.  You just don't know how to get to a "crawling" position. You are rolling around though!
- With that,we went to ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) last week for an evaluation and they determined that your muscles just aren't quit tone enough to do some things that you should be doing at this point physically. You will soon start occupational therapy to start doing somethings to strengthen your muscles.  Here are what your "scores" looked like:  Technically the scale was from a 1 to a 9 (because you were 9 months at the appointment):
* Adaptive skills: 8.0                            *Personal-Social skills: 9.5
*Communication: 7.5                            *Gross Motor skills: 6.0
* Fine Motor: 9.0                                   *Cognitive: 12.5
You are a smart, smart girl weighing in cognitively as a 12 month old!  The only reason you scored so low in your communication skills was because you couldn't wave.... but you are getting there.  Sometimes you'll put your hand up as if you are going to try to wave, but you don't.  I'm so proud of you for the way you have grown this month.  I know you will get there in your own time!
- This month you have taken to the water SO much!  You love when we go swimming!  We've been so blessed to have some sweet friends from church who have let us use their pool lots this summer and so you've gotten in some great pool time.  Lately I've sat you on the shallow step in the water and say, "Ready? 1...2... 3" and you just close your eyes and open your mouth big (almost like a smile) and just fall in the water ALL BY YOURSELF!  Then I pull you up & you are grinning and laughing and SO proud of yourself!  You don't cough up water or act like it bothered you at all, so it's clear you are holding your breath all by yourself!  Wow!  When I hold you under your arms you will just kick away under the water!  Maybe you'll take after me & be a swimmer!  Looks like you are on your way-- Mommy's little fish!
- Today we actually went out to a friend's house from church to hold baby goats.  Everyone loved the goats except for you.  Bless your heart, you were so scared of the little baby goats.  We would try to get you close and you would just shake and cry... you were terrified of the sweet little goats.  You warmed up a few times and didn't get upset, but in general, you were not a fan of the goats. Ha!
- Oh! I almost forgot... you said your second word this month.  Now remember, your first word was, "Ma-ma-ma-ma"  and you have continued to say that occasionally, but this month you mastered the name of your Daddy & he could be any more excited!  It's so sweet to see you light up with a smile for him and say, "Da-da-da-da."  It's so cute!  Every time you say it, it's almost in a little whisper.. kinda shy like.  SO sweet!!
- You are still in the "Mommy" phase on different occasions.  For the most part you are still very social and don't mind others holding you, but I do love it when I'm the only one you want.  It warms my heart every single time... I feel like it's your way of telling me "I love you Mommy." I truly love it!
-You still just have your two bottom teeth, but I feel like you are teething right now and that you should have some new little teeth popping up any time now.
- You are still in size 2 diapers but you have moved up to 3-6 month clothing. There are still several 0-3 month clothes that fit you, but for the most part you are up to the next size clothing. Yay!
- Your hair is so blond still and you barely have any there, but what you do have is so cute!
- You have tanned up so much this summer! We have been in the sun a lot-- probably too much, but we have been slathering that sun screen on you and luckily no sunburns at all-- just a nice golden color coming out.
- You are going down each night sometime between 7:30-8:30 and waking each morning almost like clockwork at about 7:00.  You like to take a big 2-3 hour nap in the late morning and depending on how long you sleep in the morning depends on if you'll nap in the afternoon. You will sleep for about 30 minutes to an hour in the late afternoon if you didn't get as long of a nap in the morning.
-You love to be in the toy room with your sisters {and Mommy} -- you love to just play away!
-You think you are so funny when you grab your bow and pull it off your head!   You just look at me and grin with such a look of accomplishment on your face! So cute!

My precious baby girl, I am so proud of you!  You are such an amazing little baby and I just want to show you off to everyone!  I know you are struggling to meet your milestones, but I have no doubt at all that you will get to each one in your own time.  You are so unique and so wonderfully made and I just can't help but boast with pride for you.  I love when you use your tiny little hands to grab my face & give me a big open mouth kiss almost as if you are biting my face off. It will forever be a favorite of mine.  You have so much joy in such a tiny little package!  You are such a highlight of my day- every day.  I love you more than I can ever put into words.  You are my precious one & I'll forever be grateful for you. 







Got that bow!
Got that bow again!
That face though! Love it!



Playing toys with sisters.

Swimming with Mommy {We forgot her swimsuit that day, so she swam without it that day! Didn't seem to bother her!}


3 comments:

  1. Where did you find your ADORABLE bathing suit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! My swimsuit is actually from Lime Ricki. I have 3 from there & love every one!

      Delete
  2. I love Lime Ricki, too, so I'll need to look for that one. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete