Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Boating Fun

About a month ago, we got to go out with my parents on their boat.  The girls had such a great time & they are still talking about it.  They love to go on "Bee & Cowboy's boat!"

Here are a few pictures from the day:

Y'all. Preslee's face says it all. Do you think she was having fun?:



Boat riding:




K doing her thing on the kneeboard... like mother like daughter {I grew up on the kneeboard & loved every minute of it}:

We set up shop on a beached area for the day.  It was perfect to have lunch and let the girls play:

Cowboy trying to let Kennedie get a "feel" for wake boarding.  I think she'll be up next summer if we find a smaller wake board:




Here is a video of Sawyer kneeboarding. I am SO, SO, SO incredibly proud of her.  Last summer all she wanted to do was ride in the boat.  We could barely get her in to get wet.  This summer - look at her go:

                                      video

And of course here is Kennedie doing her thing.... she was even trying to do some hot-shotting going side to side & waving!  Ha!:


                                      video

This summer I decided it was time to learn how to slalom.  As stated previously I grew up on the kneeboard.  My parents had a boat growing up and I remember vividly living on the lake in the summer times.  I SO enjoyed kneeboarding, that I didn't have time for anything else.  I remember learning to ski on two skis, but didn't care for it much and wanted my knee board (clearly I'm old and this was all before wake boarding was even a thing).  My mom & dad would slalom, and mom was REALLY good, but it just never struck my fancy.  Last summer I got up on the wake board a few times and tried to get up on the slalom a few times, but just couldn't do it.  I was determined this year that I would get up on one ski.  I didn't want to waste time learning how to drop a ski... I just wanted to get up on one & learn how to do it.  I'm proud to say that after ample amount of tries, I finally did it!  I even ventured out of the wake & went for a long time.  This is the only video I have-- not my best run, but near the beginning when I was trying to get the hang of it.  Who says you can't teach old dogs new tricks:

                                     video

We had such a fun time & we are so thankful that my parents took our crazy crew out for fun in the sun!








No comments:

Post a Comment