Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Chantzlyn is 5 Months



I feel like I say this every month, but how does the time go by SO fast?!  I seriously feel like I just wrote about this sweet one turning 4 months old, so I really don't feel like I should be writing about her turning 5 months old. This sweet baby of mine is so happy and so fun and her little personality has started shining through!

My sassy little Chantzlyn:

- This month you have gotten so big!  You have recently started turning over!  Sometimes I'll lay you down on on your back and a few second later you roll to your side and then you'll just plop right over on your tummy. You haven't quit figured out what to do once you roll over to your tummy or how to get back to your back yet.  You are so proud of yourself and happy for a few minutes, and you prop your head up and look around for a bit, but then you get mad because you don't know what to do.
- You have also started sticking your tongue more and more lately.  This is one of my favorite phases!  I love the "tongue phase!"
- You are still breastfeeding every 3 hours during the day.
- You are mostly sleeping through the night, but maybe once every 4 to 7 days you'll still get up in the middle of the night to eat.  We try to lay you down sometime between 10:00 and 10:30 and if you sleep through the night we'll come and get you or you'll wake up sometime between 6:00 & 7:30.
- During the day you typically sleep for about 30 minutes to 2 hours in your 3 hour cycle of eating. You typically nap in our bed, in your carseat, in your bouncer-- on Daddy or in my arms.  Really, you'll nap anywhere right now. I even caught you catching a nap on the rug the other day after I sat you down for a minute to help your big sister.  I need to start doing some sleep training in your own crib now that you are starting to roll and plus you're getting bigger.
- This month was a big month for you because you spent your first night away from us.  You got to stay at your Cowboy & Bee's house with your big sisters while your Daddy and I went to a marriage conference over night one night.  You did great!  You had fun and you took your bottles with pumped milk great!
- Your eyes are still very blue and your tiny bit of hair that you have still appears very blond.
- You are still wearing size 0-3 month clothing and some of it still fits a little big. You are a tiny little thing that's for sure.
- You have really started to recognize people even more this month.  Right now, you are still pretty comfortable going to people you don't recognize, but every now and then only Mommy can calm you down, and that makes my heart so happy.  I love to be your "safe place."
- You are really enjoying watching you big sisters still.  Sometimes you'll be fussy, and we'll just go in the toy room and watch your sisters play, and you will get so happy.  It's like you just want to be in on the action with the big girls.
- Speaking of keeping up with your sisters, you also got to "swing" for the first time this month.  You enjoyed sitting in the baby swing and barely moving back and forth!  You thought you were so big!
- You also took your first bath with your big sisters.  You normally take a bath after they have all gone to bed, right before I feed you for the last time.  We decided to give you a bath with the big girls and you were in hog heaven watching then splash around you! It was so fun!
-  You are also very spoiled!  You LOVE to walk around and be held.  You are only happy for a short time sitting down, but other than that, you want to be held, and not just held, but you want everyone whoever is holding you to stand up and then eventually you want to move and walk around.  Let's just say Mommy is getting some extra exercise walking around with you each day.  You LOVE to ride in the baby Bjourn!
- I love how you try to give me kisses!  You'll turn your face into my check or my mouth with your  mouth wide open and push your mouth into me.  It's the sweetest thing ever!

My precious little Chantzlyn Hope, you are such a fun little baby!  I love holding you and hearing your sweet little belly laugh.  I love it when you look at me with your big blue eyes and give me one of your sneaky little grins.  I love it when you turn your head to give me "kisses," and I love it when you snuggle up in my left arm and fall asleep.  I love it when your face lights up when you see me or see Daddy.  My heart just truly feels as though it could explode with love for you.  You are such a joy and I truly do thank God for you every single day. I love you so much precious baby. 















No comments:

Post a Comment