Monday, February 15, 2016

Sawyer is 4!!


I really can't believe that my Sawyer Sue is already FOUR years old!!  It goes by so fast!  I feel like my sweet girl should only be 2... not 4.  This is just too much for me to handle, but I'm so thankful for every minute I get to be this precious girl's Mommy.

Here are her interview answers as a big four year old with a mind of her own:

-How old are You? 4
-What makes you happy? Food.
-What is your favorite animal?  Zebra
- What is your favorite thing to eat? Chips
- What is your favorite thing to do? Play outside
- What is your favorite TV show? Cars & Aerial 
- What are you really good at? Painting & ducks & pictures of a light
-What is your favorite movie? Tinkerbell 
- What is your favorite color? Purple and orange and green
- What is your favorite song? "Anna & Elsa" and "Jesus Loves Me" and "Bless the Lord Oh My Soul"
- Who is your best friend? Hattie and Sydney 
- What do you and Mommy do together? Play toys, play, play, play
- What do you and Daddy do together? Play outside
- What is your favorite sport? Basketball, gymnastics, and running.  Just three things.
- Where is your favorite place to go? To Chick-fil-a and to get lolly-pops
-What is your favorite book? Spiderman, but we don't have it but I want it and I love Cinderella
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A mom and a dad.
-What is your favorite Bible verse? "I have loved your with a love that lasts forever" and "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble, but take heart I have overcome the world. John 16:33." 
- What is your favorite toy? My baby and my ballerina puzzle. 


A little bit about Sawyer Sue from Mommy's perspective:

- You are such a sweet and gentle little girl and pretty laid back.  You have such a kind heart. You have a very guilty conscious, and it doesn't take much for you to know that you have done something wrong.
- You are for sure our night owl and typically our latest sleeper.  It takes you awhile to fall asleep,  but once you do, it's hard for us to wake you.  You are our little bear for sure.
- You still sleep with your little "Elmie" or zebra striped elephant shaped mini blanket.  You can't fall asleep without it and when you get in trouble or are tired or hurt you will sometimes go get it to snuggle with.
- You are a very good eater and in fact will eat almost anything we put in front of you.  You definitely have a sweet tooth and would sit and eat sugary things all day if we let you. You also like other types of junk food too- chips, cheese crackers, and goldfish to name a few, but you will eat a salad, broccoli, and brussel sprouts too.
- You are more of an independent girl.  You don't appear to be too social and are perfectly content playing with yourself most days, and you tend to be a bit of a homebody.
- Speaking of that, although you enjoy preschool, most days you will pout a little and tell me, "But Mommy, I don't want to go to school... I want to stay home with you."  I know you enjoy your time there, but it partly makes me smile inside knowing you'd like to be with me.. I know it won't always be like that.
- You are for sure still 100% a Daddy's girl.  As much as I know you love me, I also know that you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be with your daddy.  He has captured not only my heart, but yours.. and I think it's pretty sweet that you love him so much!
- This past year, you have really developed a love for painting.  You can sit down at the bar and just paint away.  You are my little artist in the making!
- You are a really tall little girl!  You are just a hair shorter than your big sister who is two years older-- I often get asked if you two are twins!  I can't wait to see how tall you are at your 4 year well check.
- You are such a good sister!  You are a great little sister to Kennedie- always willing to play what she wants to, and a great big sister to Preslee and Chantzlyn always looking out for their needs. {Not to say that y'all don't have your moments!}
- You typically still take about an hour and half nap on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays while at home.  At school y'all take naps too, but not as long.  On Saturday and Sunday you typically don't nap, but some days you do depending on what's going on.
- You love to go to Chick-fil-a and also to go get donuts.
- Lately you have been doing a much better job cleaning.  It has taken us awhile to get you used to the idea of helping clean up your mess.  You are a little slow about it, but at least you are helping now.
- Speaking of slow- you definitely have your own speed.  You tend to be the last one to get undressed from the day, the last one to brush your teeth, and the last one with pajamas on.  You just take it all at a little different pace than the rest of us.
- You now smile with your eyes open most of the time.  I'm sad that the eyes closed phase has dwindled out, but still love your beautiful smile with your twinkling eyes!

My Sawyer Sue  I don't even know where to start when thinking about my love for you.  You are your own person and you take on the world in a way that I love to watch.  You captivate me and I feel so blessed to not just be apart of your life, but to be the one you call, "Mommy-"  the best word out of your mouth and one that makes me proud!  You are sensitive and loyal and love big! You make me happy in so many different ways.  I love that when you wake up you run straight to your Daddy to give away big morning hugs... but I love it even more when you occasionally run to me first.  I can't even begin to fathom a love bigger than mine for you-- but I know it's there.  I know the Lord loves you in a way that I am not capable because if I was capable I would.  HE will guide you if you trust Him.  My prayer for you is that you will continue to grow and learn more about God and His great love.  I pray you'll choose to love and follow the one true King that you'll name Jesus as Lord of your life and be baptized into Him for your salvation. I pray you are bold and passionate about Jesus and you share God's love with others.  You are precious little girl and I love you so much! Happy 4th birthday special girl! 














No comments:

Post a Comment