Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Preslee is 20 Months Old



I can't believe that my fun and sassy little baby girl is already 20 months old!  Time goes by fast in the fall as we prepare for Christmas, and this year was no exception.  This sweet girl rocks my world!  She is such a ham and so outgoing!  She makes me laugh every day and truly is so fun to be around.

Precious Preslee Ray,

- Each day you become more and more vocal as you learn your way in this communicative world.  This month you have started to say the prayer at meal time occasionally.  You will say, "Pay!" Meaning you'd like to pray for us.  I will say the prayer and then you so sweetly repeat after me as best you can. I love how you say your name, "Peh-eeee."  So sweet.  You will say "do it" when you want to do something.  You say, "moo-mee" for both "movie" and "smoothie" so we have to listen closely to the context.  You also say, "bud-ee" for both referencing a "buddy" of yours or your "bunny" you sleep with.  You will say, "tank-ooh" for "thank you," and "m-maan" for "yes ma'am" when you are answering me after you get in trouble.  You will say, "too-tee" for "cookie"-- which you love.  These are just a few of the words you have picked up on this month.
-On top of being vocal, you have also started to become a bit musical.  You will try to sing at times.  When something plays on the radio that's familiar to you, you will randomly sing the one word you know right on cue.  You will do the same when I'm rocking you and singing to you.  You will occasionally sing one or two of the words that you know with me. Tonight while rocking you I sang, "He is jealous for me... loves like a hurricane, I am a tree..." and right at the right time, you sang the word "me" and then a few seconds later right on cue, the word, "tree." On the radio, the commercial for KLTY played singing, "KLTY" and you right on cue sang, "Y."
- The last few weeks you have been a bit more stubborn and fussy than normal.  I was originally chalking it up to you having an ear infection, but when that passed your new little attitude stayed around.  We are constantly having to remind you to have gentle hands and to not hit your big sisters.  We still have to sit you on your bed to punish you and that still has been working, but it hasn't been as dramatic as it once was.  Most of the time you go to your bed without too big of a fuss, and after you have sat on the bed and we have a talk typically the behavior improves and you correct yourself.
- You want to do everything, and I mean everything that your big sisters are doing.  You are constantly trying to keep up with them.
-This month you have started finding yourself up at the bar.  We have started letting you sit on a barstool with your sisters at times and you just think you are so big and such hot stuff!
- You have continued to use the bathroom on the potty throughout the month.  Most of the time if we sit you on the potty you will "tee-tee" and know how to make yourself go.  The problem is that you are not consistent at all in telling us when you need to go to the bathroom and you continue to "tee-tee" and poop in your diaper without telling us.
- We got *most* of your hair into a back ponytail for the first time this month.  It's getting longer!
- You are currently wearing size 18 month clothes, size 6 shoes, and size 3 diapers.
- You are an early riser for sure.  A lot of days you will be the first up out of your big sisters.  You are up and at 'em before 6:30 on normal days. You still nap, but lately instead of a good 2 hour nap you've been taking more of an hour and a half nap.
- You are so funny!  You will do anything to get a smile.  You are confident and you love people.  You are most certainly not shy!  I love how much you will interact with others and how you just have a certain confidence about you.... the way you carry yourself and the interactions that you have with others.

My sweet little girl... you are at such a fun age right now! I wish I could bottle you up and come back and visit these days when they eventually slip away.  You are such a joy to be around! You are fun and like to make people smile or laugh.  On the flip, your little smile and laugh are to die for!  My heart could explode when I think of how much I love you!  I am so thankful that out of all the Mommies in the world, God picked me to be your Mommy.  You are so fun and I really do love you more than I could ever say.  









No comments:

Post a Comment