Monday, November 23, 2015

Preslee is 19 Months Old


It's crazy how each month seems to fly by quicker and quicker!  I'd tell you it's because my hands are full, but I think it's rather that my heart is so full! Each day is filled with the mundane, and yet it's so special.  I really can't believe that these sweet little baby of mine is turning into a toddler more and more each day.  I mean, I'm just not ready to say she's a toddler & not a baby.  19 months has truly flown by & this sweet one brings a smile to our face & joy to our hearts every day! To say that you are our little clown may be an understatement!  Your personality truly does match your name, Preslee "Ray".... our little drop of golden sun!

My little ham, Preslee Ray:

- My favorite thing this month has been when you hold up your little finger & say, "Mmm back." You are telling me you'll "be right back."  It's so sweet when you hold up your finger, say "Mmm back," and run off to get something and then quickly come back a few minutes later.  It's the sweetest thing ever!
- Your "hole me" {hold me} request has lessened this month as opposed to last month.  But, you can guarantee when you make the request I am quick to oblige because I know time is fleeting where you will want me to hold you.
- I think you've settled into your big sister mode & it's "normal" now to have a new baby in the house for you.  You still love Chantzlyn so much and will still request to hold her (with Mommy's help, of course) and you love to give her kisses.  You smile so much while she is awake looking at you.  I can already see a bond developing between the two of you & that's priceless!
- Just because you've stepped up to the plate on your big sister duties does not however mean that you have slacked on your little sister duties.  You are busy trying to keep up with your big sisters and will quickly copy every single thing that they do.  You love to be right in the middle of whatever they are working on, and they are quick to get frustrated with you taking their toys or destroying their puzzles or towers.  You just want to be right where the action is.
- This month you have sat on the potty and "tee-teed" four times!  You haven't completely gotten the hang of controlling yourself, but you are definitely close to learning!  The M&M incentives surely help in the process too!
- You have such a fun personality!  You will do whatever it takes to get a smile or laugh {and I'm not so sure that's a good thing}!  You are a firecracker & so outgoing! There is no "shyness" about you.  You will run around the church building like you own the place.
- When you are disobeying us, we have found the best way to discipline you is to have you sit on your bed.  Typically just a threat of sitting on your bed will quickly change whatever behavior we are trying to fix.  The few times you have had to sit on your bed you have screamed the whole time- convinced that it is the worst thing in the world.  I'm thankful that this method of discipline has helped us train you in your behavior.
- Currently you are wearing size 18 month clothes and size 6 shoes.
- You are opinionated on what you want to eat & will quickly devour any carb or sugar placed in front of you.  Although you will eat vegetables, you sometimes will bypass them when other things are on your plate.  You get very mad if your sisters finish their food & get a treat and you do not.  Most of the times it does not convince you to finish your own food, but it does make you mad.  You do really great with soup!  I love that all protein & veggies are mixed right in and you get a good sampling!
- Any time you get to pick a piece of candy from the Halloween bowl you ALWAYS pick a Dum-dum sucker. :) Love how predictable you are!
- You are still napping once a day for about 2 hours and you are sleeping great at night.  The last few nights you have cried a few times in the middle of the night, but then go back to sleep.  Not sure if you are having nightmares or just need extra cuddles.
- You love to play babies, play with stickers, and pretend to cook us food to pretend eat.  I love your imagination!


My fun little Preslee Ray, I can't believe how big you are getting!  Your personality is as big as the sun!  You are spunky and sweet and sassy all rolled into one!  I love how you are so confident.  You are in whatever you are doing 100%! You love to put on a show and then glance over your shoulder to make sure you have an audience.  You are also so sweet.  You will cuddle up on my shoulder while I sing to you at night and you will genuinely show concern if your baby sister is crying {you will say, "ty?" as a question when she cries}.  My heart has so much love for you it can hardly contain itself.  It seems at times it might bust when I think of how much you mean to me.  I love you bigger than words can ever express sweet girl!













No comments:

Post a Comment