Thursday, September 24, 2015

Preslee is 17 Months Old



I cannot even believe it's already time to write this post!  Ahh!  Where or where does the time go to?  I can't believe that my baby girls is already seventeen months old {yesterday}!  She is getting so big, so fast!

Preslee Ray:
- You are a handful!  You have already begun testing the limits and trying to learn what boundaries are.  You have a voice and you are not afraid to use it.. even in the middle of a store or restaurant. You have learned to rare back and flair your body and kick and scream like a pro now.  You are having to learn some hard lessons that you have to listen and obey.  It's definitely been a month of testing the limits.
- You have started becoming much more pickier of an eater.  So much so, that you will forgo eating if you don't like what is in front of you.  We are having to help you understand what it means to eat a healthy meal.  There is definitely no complaining from you in there are carbs on your plate though... I guess you take after mommy!
- You are expanding your vocabulary daily.  You are constantly trying to "talk" to us and repeat different words.  You ask for your "bu-ee" ("bunny"... your stuffed bear dressed as a bunny) when you are tired or cranky.  You say "puuu" for "puppy." You scream, "Iiiiii" ("hi") and wave to anyone that you see and you will wave and scream "byyyyye" to anyone as you are leaving.  You are so sweet!
- You are a FAST girl!  There is no holding you back!  You are running to keep up with your sisters or running carrying one of their toys that you stole or running away from Mommy & Daddy!  You think you are so funny and so fast {and you are mostly!}.
- You are still breastfeeding five times a day, but when your baby sister gets here soon we will start slowly weaning you down.
- You are wearing some 12 month clothes, but mostly 18 months, and wearing a size 6 shoe! Your feet have grown so much lately! It seems like it won't be long until you are out of those size 6s!
- You love to get right in the car and start climbing around.  You do NOT like it when we try to buckle you into your carseat.  With each trip in the car it seems I can guarantee a tantrum to go along with it.
- You are fearless when it comes to climbing. You have no idea of height.  We have to watch you so closely in the backyard because you will just run right over to the play set and climb right up the ladder without us watching.  It's so scary!
- You laugh is so contagious and your smile can seriously light up the room!  I love your dimple and your little gaps in your teeth and how you smile with your whole face!  It's so awesome!
- You still love to play babies. It's precious to watch you walk around with your baby and try to feed it a bottle.  You are going to be such a great big sister!
-Lately Sunday's after church you completely crash.  So much so, that if we get home or go to a restaurant you don't even wake up and you just sleep on me.  I love it so much!  I know those moments are fleeting.

My sweet little baby,  you are such a joy to be around.  You light up my world like no other!  You have a personality bigger than Texas and I love every ounce of it!  I love how bold and independent you are and I love how confident you are!  I pray that you never loose those traits, but that you channel those for the Lord and for His kingdom. You are so precious and I treasure moments when I can steal some extra cuddles from you.  I love how you love to give hugs to almost anyone and how you are so generous with your smiles!  Precious girl, you have no idea the amount of love that my heart feels for you.  Every day I can't imagine loving you more and then the Lord floods me with even more love to give you.  I am so thankful for you Preslee Ray.  I love you so much and I'm so thankful that I get to be your Mommy. 





1 comment:

  1. I am literally laughing out loud because reading your blog is like talking exactly how Sophie is! They are eerily similar! She is as precious & cute as she can be, but she is definitely my challenging child :)

    ReplyDelete