Friday, March 27, 2015

Preslee is 11 Months Old


I know I say this EVERY month, but I just can't believe that this little lady is already 11 months old! (11 Months on Monday.) What?!  It can't be...... Time just flies by when you are having fun, and this sweet girl has plenty of it!  It's so crazy to me that she is just weeks away from being one year old.  In so many ways it seems like this sweet girl just got here and in other ways it feels like she has always been apart of our family.  She truly does add so much love and fun to our family!

Preslee Ray:

- I feel like any day you are just going to take off and start walking.  Furniture walking is a breeze for you & you can already just stand without holding onto anything.  Yesterday I was busy making your sister lunch and you were holding onto my leg screaming.  I started to step away, and you let go of me and then took a step towards me because you wanted to follow.  Amidst the screaming, I wonder if you really know what you did.  You kinda looked at me curious and then sat down and kept crying. I'm not sure if it counts as a first step or not, but it was so sweet to watch that little foot move all on its own.
- You are still breastfeeding 5 times a day and eating plenty of solids too.  You for sure want what we are eating.  You will still eat your baby food, but so many times you get mad and try to "get" what we are eating.  You are like my little bird, because I will chew something up for you and then give you a "taste" and you are just in hog heaven.  You think you are so big!
- Your nap times and lengths are dependent on the day of the week. When Kennedie is in school you take a longer nap in the morning and a shorter one in the afternoon.  When K is out of school you take a shorter nap in the morning and a longer one in the afternoon.  You typically get about a 2 hour nap in at some point and an hour nap in at some point.
- You LOVE the water and you LOVE being outside.  We can't leave toilet seat up by accident because you are quick to remind us that there is water in the potty!  Gross! You also get so mad if you see your big sisters go outside and leave you inside.  You think it's completely unfair. You are all grins in your swing outside watching the big girls play.
- You are wearing 12 month clothing for the most part and size 3 shoes.
- You have been the worst out of all three of my girls at pulling your bow off of your head.  I think because I don't make you wear one as often as I had the other girls in bows (just around the house) that I think you notice it way more when you are wearing one.  You just yank it off and think it's so funny.... Mommy does not think it's as funny because you have pulled several apart & bows aren't cheap!
-You got to enjoy your first snow this month. You weren't sure what to think at first, but you quickly decided you liked it because it was outside.
- You still have 6 teeth, but I really think you are trying to get more.  It seems like there has been a bit more drool lately, hands back to the mouth more, and a bit fussy. I love your little snaggle-tooth grin!
- As far as communication you still will only sign "bye," "more," and "done," and verbally you will only say, "Dada," {that's your favorite word}, and "Mamama."  You have been jabbering more lately, and pointing to things, so I think more words are headed your way soon. And you still clap!
- When you get excited you will sometimes close your eyes and do this HUGE open smile with heavy breathing and head movement.  It's so funny! You look so silly!
- You will occasionally just stick your tongue out and look around.  It's like you are biting it... it's so cute!
- You still use your pacifier, but don't get too comfy with it, because we'll be saying goodbye soon!
- You will occasionally fall asleep on me still, which makes my heart happy and brings a smile to my face.


Preslee, you are amazing!  You are the sweetest and most precious little thing.  I love everything about you.  I love your smile. I love the way you look at me.  I love the gentleness about you. I love the passion you have at times about what you want. I love the way you soak up the world with your eyes.  I love the way you lay your head on my shoulders.  I love the way you fit perfectly in my arms. I love your snuggles. I love the way you love your Daddy. You are such a joy to my life and every day I am thankful that God chose me to be your mother.  I love you more than words could ever do justice. 

Tongue Pictures:


My funny girl:






And I even love the sweet serious faces of my angel:


The count down is on to ONE!  CAN'T. BELIEVE. IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment