Monday, February 16, 2015
Sawyer is 3
I can't believe that my precious Sawyer Sue turned 3 years old yesterday! Whoa! Where does the time go??
I started doing this little interview with Kennedie when she turned three, so I only thought it fitting to start doing an interview with Sawyer each year to see how her answers change over time. Here are the questions and answers that she provided:
-How old are you? 3
-What makes you happy? Friends & Aubrie
-What is your favorite animal? puppy dogs
-What is your favorite thing to eat? Candy, chocolate milk, potatoes, & cheese
-What is your favorite thing to do? Swimming
-What is your favorite TV show? "Super Why" & "Peppa Pig"
- What are you really good at? Being important
- What is your favorite movie? Mary Poppins
-What is your favorite color? Pink
- What is your favorite song? "Let it Go"
- Who is your best friend? Ne-Ne
- What do you and Mommy do together? Play babies
-What do you and Daddy do together? Play "Get me monster"
- What is your favorite sport? "Dolf" (aka: "golf"
- Where is your favorite place to go? "Chik-a-lay" (aka: "Chick-fil-a)
- What is your favorite book? "Going on a Bear Hunt"
- What do you want to be when you grow up? To the gym
- What is your favorite Bible verse? "How wide, and long, and high, and deep is the love of Christ" Ephesians 3:18
- What is your favorite toy? Baby doll
About Sawyer from Mommy's perspective:
- You are so funny and definitely have your own personality and style. You know what you like and don't care what others think.
- You have started to enjoy books and tv more over the last few months than you ever have. Your attention span for both are still pretty short, but you have definitely gained some interest.
- You LOVE your Daddy! You are 100% a Daddy's girl! If you ever want or need anything you will ALWAYS call your Daddy's name before Mommy. You get so excited to see him every day when he gets off work. He is definitely your main squeeze!
- You are a little Mommy. You love to play with your baby dolls. It's so sweet to watch you rock them and push them in the stroller and give them a bottle. It's especially precious to hear you sing, "Jesus Loves Me" to your babies.
- You are a great sister. You are so sweet with "Pess-ee" & you love playing whatever "Ne-Ne"wants to. They are so blessed to have you as their sister.
- When we play hide-and-go seek if someone is having a hard time finding the person hiding we say "Cock-a-doodle-do" but when you say it, it sounds like "Oct-a-doo-da-doo"
- You absolutely love to play outside. You especially love to swing.
- You are a pretty tall girl. You are the tallest one in your Bible class. You are wearing 3t clothing and size 8 & 1/2 shoes (soon to be 9, I think).
- You are 100% potty trained and have been for awhile. You were super easy to potty train, and for that I am so grateful. You still wear a pull-up at night just in case you have an accident, but you tend to wake up dry 99% of the time.
-You still take about a 2 hour nap every day. You tend to wake up sometime between 7:00 and 7:30 and you go to bed sometime between 8:00-9:00.
-You really like the book "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" and so that was the inspiration for your party theme this year.
- You really like the movies Frozen and Mary Poppins.
- You are a great eater and will pretty much eat anything that we put in front of you. You especially love broccoli, but at heart you have a sweet tooth and are a sucker for anything with sugar. :)
- You really love going to Chick-fil-a to eat and also to play.
- You don't really understand the concept of cleaning yet. If we ask you to pick up or clean up, you get very distracted and start playing. We have to give you very specific directions and keep you on task the whole time or nothing will get cleaned up. You especially love to drag the toys out of the toy room and leave them laying all over the house... your favorite place to leave them and Mommy's least favorite place to find them is in the kitchen. :)
- You will pray by yourself sometimes, but most of the time you still want us to help you find the words.
- You love going to Bible class to learn new things and see all your "buddies."
- You love when we go to the library for Music & Movement. Your favorite song to sing there is "Hello Friends."
- You love for your Daddy to chase you around the house. You'll scream, "Get me monster!"
- Sometimes when you are being silly you will cock your body side-ways and bend at the knees and kind bounce/shake your hiney and say, "My hiney-bo" in a very loud voice. It's so silly!
- You are gentle by nature and pretty laid back, but when you get mad, you have a bit of a temper on you.
- You love- I mean LOVE- your "spinny" dresses!! Every night you really want to wear a nightgown to bed-- you call them your "spinny" dresses. You also love to wear normal dresses and they sometimes get allowed the "spinny" dress title. I love this about you!
- When your sister picked out Frozen house shoes, you picked out the Cars ones. Even though you have never seen the movie Cars- you definitely knew you wanted the Cars shoes. So cute!
- When we tell you to smile, you will still close your eyes and give me the biggest cheese grin with your teeth gritted together. I LOVE it so much!
My precious, Sawyer Sue, words simply can't do justice on how my heart hurts with love for you. You are so gentle and loving. You have your own way about you that just makes me smile. You are silly and fun loving. You are nurturing and sensitive. You are a great sharer. You are independent. You like what you like without a rhyme or reason sometimes. I am so grateful that I get to be your Mommy. You are such a ray of sunshine in my life. I love being with you. I love holding you and I love those rare moments when you want me instead of your Daddy. It's so endearing to see you love your Daddy so much, but every now and then it melts my heart when you actually call for me or want me to cuddle you. You are so special to me because I feel like I got a second chance with you. I almost lost you last April, and my heart is just so full of gratitude that the Lord showed us mercy and grace and let us have you for longer. You have my heart in so many ways that you don't even know. My greatest prayer for you is that you will one day choose to proclaim "Jesus is Lord" and put Him on in baptism. I pray that you will love Jesus so deeply that your whole life is a reflection of His great love and that you will bring others to know the Father and serve Him. I pray you choose Him above everything and that you walk in His grace but also in His commandments... that you are confident in who He has created you to be. I pray that you will not be shy or timid about sharing the Gospel with others, but long to share the good news about everything! I know that as much as I love you the Lord loves you even more and that He will guide your steps. I am so incredibly grateful that you are my daughter. I love you so much sweet girl. Happy 3rd birthday!