Sunday, January 25, 2015
Preslee is 9 Months Old
Preslee turned 9 months old 2 days ago! Whoa! This little missy is getting SO big & developing such a big personality! It's crazy how quickly time goes. I just want to slow it down just a hair to soak up all this fun character development she's got going on.
- You are just going and going and going these days! We can hardly keep track of you because you are just crawling everywhere. You just think you are so cute crawling super fast from one place to another.
- You are also putting EVERYTHING in your mouth. This is such a scary phase, because you are constantly finding things and putting them in your mouth. I feel like I am constantly sticking my finger in your mouth to fish out a random leaf or piece of grace or the older girl's rubber bands. I'm on constant watch for things that need to be swept up so that you won't find it.
- You are really wanting to furniture walk. You will pull yourself up on everything and you are trying to balance and move your self along. You don't have it down yet, but you are trying.
- You have got the cutest little front tooth action going on! You have your bottom 2 front teeth and then one little top tooth of to the side- not even a front one yet. It's the cutest little thing!
- You are still breastfeeding 5 times a day & eating plenty of solids. You seem to be trying new foods all the time. New foods added to the pallet are prunes, peaches, bananas, & puffs along with all the other foods we've already introduced you too.
- You are currently wearing 9 -12 month clothing and some size 2 shoes fit & some size 3 shoes fit.
- Your eyes seem to be lightening up a bit, but still seem pretty dark grey at times.
- You are really wanting to interact and play more with your big sisters.
- The last week you have started actually just laying down in your bed without a fuss. Just almost like you accept the fact that it's time to sleep and just lay down.
- You got a new Wubba- Nub pacifier (a puppy) because your elephant one finally broke.
- No new words, but you are tying to use sign language. You understand that your hands can "say" something, but you only know how to wave them. You wave when you are "done" and when you want "more" and to say "hello" and "bye." You are so cute-- you will raise your little hand up almost in a salute and say, "UH!" When you see someone. I think you are trying to say "hi." I LOVE it!
- You love the bathroom-- specifically the bath tub. We have to keep the door shut, because if it is open you will crawl in there and just pull yourself up on the tub and try to reach down into it to get the bath toys. I think you REALLY enjoy bath time and water.
- You love to drink from your sippy cup or from water bottles. It's so funny because you think you are such a big girl!
Sweet and busy baby girl, my heart is so full of love for you I sometimes feel as though it could explode! You truly do live up to your name... you are such a RAY of light to us. Your smile is infectious and you are so sweet. I love that you have started trying to express yourself to let us know what you like and what you don't like and what you may need. Your little wave (salute) is so cute and I get such a little kick out of it. You are into everything these days and you keep me on my toes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm so thankful for you and your sweet little personality. You seem to be such a little people's person.. always flirting with people and always happy and content with others for the most part. I am so grateful that God chose me to be your Mommy and that HE brought you to us to love and enjoy. I love you so much sweet girl.