Monday, November 24, 2014

Millie Pearl's Shower

In case you haven't noticed, I am a little behind on my blogging and I wasn't sure where to start.  So... why not start with a party. That's always fun!

A few months ago I got to help host my sweet friend Lindsay's baby shower.  Since said shower, Lindsay's sweet baby girl, Millie Pearl, has already arrived and they've loved on her for a month now.

We decided to do a play off of the babies name for the shower "theme."  Since "Millie" is more of a vintage name we headed that direction and added little "Pearl" touches too.  For decor we used buttons, embroidery hoops, pearls, lace, quilts, and more.  For food, each of the hostesses baked a pie for a nice "old fashioned" feel.  Andrea, one of the other hostesses (and baker supreme, that I've mentioned over and over) made the most adorable little button cookies & "M" cookies with little pearls on them.  For drinks we served punch and iced coffee.  Our color scheme was peach, pink, white, and brown.

Here's the invite that my super talented friend, Natalie, made for us.  Check out her design shop HERE.  


Here are a few pictures of the decor & food:









Here are all the hostesses (minus Jennifer C. because she had to work) with Lindsay:


1 comment: