Friday, October 24, 2014

Preslee is 6 Months Old



I can't believe that my 3rd baby is already half way to being one year old {yesterday}!  I just don't even feel like this should be possible.  I love every single minute of Preslee!  I truly try to soak up each little stage that she has been in, but it all just goes way too fast.  I can't handle how quick it goes!  But every day I am grateful that she is mine.

Preslee Ray:

- You are still such a sweet and happy little baby.  You will have your moments of outbursts every now and then, but for the most part you are still very docile and easy going.
- The past few days you have started fake coughing and you think it is the funniest thing in the world.  You get so tickled at yourself when you make the noise and then get even more tickled when we do it back at you!  LOVE it!
- Your first attempt at letter sounds has come.  You have started saying, "Ba,ba,ba,ba,ba..." So sweet.
- You are a jumping girl!  If we hold you up you just push your legs up and down and try to make yourself jump over and over.  Or if you are in your bouncer you will just kick your legs and get that bouncer bopping up and down super fast and hard.  When you lay on your belly you will kick, kick, kick your legs.  You are so ready to use your legs full time!
- This month you have started taking naps in your own bed.  You have always gone down at night in your own bed, but now you are napping in your bed like a big girl when your sisters go down for their naps.  So big!
- You are still breastfeeding great! Six feedings a day still every 3 hours.  We have not started you on solids yet, but plan on starting tomorrow.  Mommy has postponed it as long as possible, but I need to go ahead and get you on the path to eating solid foods with my milk.
- I've noticed that when you smile and get so excited you tend to smile up at the ceiling.  Your neck just tilts back!  I love how you smile not just with your whole face, but your whole body!
- You are still rolling around and trying to move yourself, but no crawling yet.
- You can balance and sit up on your own for about 5 seconds without any support.
- You are still up sometime between 7 & 7:30 and down sometime around 10. You are an awesome night sleeper still!
- No teeth yet.
- You are wearing all 3-6 month clothes, but I need to get out the 6-9 month stuff, because I've noticed that you are outgrowing some things.
- You definitely want something to play with now a days.  You don't just want to sit.  You want to stand or hold something & play with it.

My precious baby girl, I just don't know how time can get away so fast.  My heart hurts when I think about how much I love you, but it aches to freeze time just for a moment to soak you up for just a bit longer in the sweet little baby phase.  You are so happy and you truly do bring so much joy to our lives.  My prayer is that you will grow up to know and love the Lord and continue to be so sweet and gentle and that you continue to reign joy into people's lives through the overflow of that of the Lord. You are my third baby girl and you are so special.  Words truly can't describe the amount of love I have for you and the amount of longing that I desire for you to walk in the ways of the Lord.  You are so amazing and I do thank my God every day for blessing me with you.  I love you Preslee Ray.  



(P.S.  This sweet outfit was mine when I was a baby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment