Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Lately

I realized that I hadn't blogged since Preslee turned 5 months old and I'm about to write a 6 month post for her.  Life has been so blessed but at the same time it seems things have been a bit busy.

Kennedie is still busy in KR at school.  She has learned SO much already this school year!  I am so proud of her progress and we cannot say enough amazing things about her teachers.  They are so kind and loving and Kennedie has nothing but great things to tell me every day.  One of the biggest things she has already learned this year is how to write her name.  This may not seem like much, but she started the year barely able to recognize the letter "k" and couldn't write ANY letters.  Y'all, this is also great, because her Mommy & Daddy gave her a very long name with 8 letters-- 8!  Here is a picture of her precious name.  I always want to remember these sweet little letters.....

Sawyer, Preslee, and I have been enjoying lots of special time together while Kennedie is in school.  We had to change up our schedule some since naps are typically in the afternoon, but with us having to go get Kennedie in the afternoon that would totally disrupt nap time.  Well we moved nap time to the morning with a late lunch and the little girls have totally rocked the new schedule.  Here is a peek into their sweet relationship:




When I have all the girls we try to go to the library for some Music and Movement.  The big girls are really starting to participate WAY more and the love it and look forward to it.  Preslee is already getting in on the action.  She just smiles the whole time and watches the "teachers" just happy as a lark! So sweet!

Lantz and I were blessed to get to go to a Minister's Support Network Retreat a few weeks back.  It was so nice to get away with just the two of us for a little renewal time.  The host couples there were incredible and so loving and caring.  Lantz and I left feeling so refreshed.  We feel honored that we were able to participate in the weekend.  It was even more awesome because my good friend Laura and her husband Travis were there that weekend too.  So, it was great to catch up with them all weekend and have fun with other ministers & spouses.  (We are also very grateful to all the grandparents that pitched in to watch the girls so we could go.... we truly are blessed to have such incredible parents.)

Upon leaving the retreat we headed back to McKinney and repacked the girls and loaded them in the car and headed to Abilene for Summit at ACU.  Have I mentioned how much I love ACU before?  Such treasured memories there, and every time I'm there I make new ones.  I especially love making new memories with Lantz and the girls.  Summit was awesome and just like a cherry on the top of a sundae after the MSN retreat.

When we got back in from Summit I was blessed to be able to go to a ladies day at our church where we listened to the "If Gathering."  Wow!  What an incredible time with sweet sisters in Christ!  It was especially awesome because one of my new friends from church/ladies day became a Christian and got baptized!

Lantz has been busy mentoring 2 ten year old twin boys each day after they get out of school, and I've been busy Bible studying with two teen girls.  Lots of prayers for each of these would be greatly appreciated.

We went to the zoo together last week and it was so much fun.  We got a family pass, so I'm hoping we'll be going back again soon.  Hopefully I'll have some pictures from Lantz's phone soon.

And of course, October brings in my busy season as a photographer.  Everyone wants those beautiful fall colors in their family pictures and everyone needs new pictures for Christmas cards.  I feel so blessed that my little photography business has grown so much that my calendar filled up in September until the new year.  I have committed to 2 sessions a week this fall, which may not seem like much, but I can tell you it has proved to be a full plate with three little girls.  Next year I will probably cut down even more.  If you have never "like" my Facebook page, I'd love the support.  You can click HERE to "like" it and follow my work.

On a different note, Lantz's mom was in a wreck last week and she broke her vertebrae in her back in two horizontally.  So, to say that she is in some pain would be an understatement.  We are so thankful that she was not hurt worse, but it was pretty scary.  She has been staying with us since last Wednesday night.  She will see a back surgeon on Friday to make some decisions on what is next.  Prayers for her would be appreciated as well.

And of course I can't blog and not add a picture of all three of my loves.......


I am so grateful to my LORD the Father for blessing me with my life.  My cup is full and running over & my heart sings songs of thanksgiving to HIM.

3 comments:

  1. I cherish my kids' first attempts at name-writing, too! Ellie's starts off at about 3 inches tall (with the first E) and then decreases in size until the last e is about 1/2 inch. Elijah's is completely backward. Yes, it's his name, but literally almost like you're looking at it in a mirror (which I've been told by a speech pathologist is totally normal for that age - backward writing). And Brody's says "Brobt." He wrote the lowercase "d" as a "b" - also pretty confusing/normal to a 3 or 4 year old), and then his "y" looked like a "t." So his pre-K "handprint picture" (which I think the preK teachers had them do for Mother's Day) says "Brobt" at the top. Today after school I gave him a hug and called him Bro-bit (which is how I pronounce it). And he said, "Why do you keep calling me that?" And I said, "Remember those handprint pictures that hung on the staircase until someone broke one of the frames? You wrote your name as "Brobt." It is a dear name to me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all your girls are adorable, but those pics above of Sawyer and Preslee are just totes adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How you got them to all 3 look happy in ONE picture, I'll never comprehend. I don't think that has ever once been accomplished with mine. Maybe it's because we were using film, not digital, and therefore couldn't take 10,000 to get the right one. Just 32 at a time. :)

    ReplyDelete