Thursday, September 25, 2014

Preslee is 5 Months Old




I can hardly stand to write this post!  I mean, how in the world is my baby girl already 5 months old?Sweet girl hit the 5 month mark 2 days ago. I seriously feel like I blink and another month just gets whisked away.  Preslee Ray is nothing short of amazing!  She is such a fun and easy going baby and I'm blessed to be able to call her mine!

Little Sunshine:

- You are smiling up a storm lately!  Your favorite targets are your sisters.  They can make you giggle and laugh almost without trying.  It's so fun to watch your interaction and your sheer awe of your sisters.  I'm still loving your big open mouth smiles & little baby giggles. It's so sweet.
- I hate to say it, but I think you are army crawling.  If I put something out in front of you and you are on your belly you can use your arms to pull you to where you want to go.  It's a long drawn out process, but I'm insanely impressed with your mobility already.
- Needless to say you are already rolling around like crazy.  Front to back, back to front, side to side... just rollin' all over the place.
- Because of your new found movement we took you out of your swaddle wrap that you'd been sleeping in.  Now when I lay you down to sleep on your back, it's only a matter of seconds until you roll right to your side or belly.  Lately you have been sleeping on your belly with your arms under your forehead.  Even when you are completely out of it asleep and I roll you back to your back, you immediately roll yourself to your side of belly.  You definitely know how you want to sleep and how you don't want to sleep.
- You are still eating great!  You are breastfeeding 6 times a day every 3 hours still. You have started pulling off of me when there is noise around.  To say you are a little distracted while you eat would be a fair statement.
- We wake you to eat sometime between 7:00 & 7:30 and lay you down sometime between 10:00 & 10:30.
- You have really been wanting to move around lately and wanting us to walk around with you.  You are not loving your bouncer so much lately.  You want to be up and in the action.
- You are currently in your 3-6 month clothing and size 2 disposable diapers.
-You are doing much better sitting up in your Bumbo for longer periods of time.
- You have started enjoying playing with some of your small little baby toys.  You are not as content just sitting and watching the world--- you like to have something to keep you occupied.
- I haven't noticed any teeth yet... we'll see if any come through this month.

Sweet baby girl, I'm seriously the luckiest Mommy in all the world!  I will never take for granted being able to call you mine.  My heart is full of gratitude to the LORD for entrusting your sweet little soul to us.  My heart aches when I think how great my love is for you.  My prayer is that the LORD will continue to fill me with HIS love that it may overflow out of me and onto you.  Thank you for sharing your sweet smiles and giggles with me and for being such a sweet, gentle, easy going little baby.  You truly are one of my great joys in life.  I love you more than I could ever tell you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment