Monday, June 23, 2014

Preslee is 2 Months Old!


What?!  Excuse me, but how is that even possible?  I seriously can't believe that my sweet little angel baby has been with us for two whole months already!  Do you think if I hold my breath time will slow down just a little for me to soak up some more baby loving?  Also, are you not just loving how crashed out she is in the above picture?  Ha!  She was so out of it when I was trying to take the picture.... I'm sure I'll just blink my eyes and she'll be so big she won't even sit still long enough for me to snap one! Here is a little bit about my sweet girl to date:

Precious Preslee:
- You are an absolutely amazing sleeper!  If I thought your big sisters were good sleepers (Kennedie started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks, & Sawyer at 6 & 1/2 weeks), you take the cake from them! You are sleeping anywhere from 8 to 9 hours each night... and that is with me still waking to feed you!  At a month you were sleeping 6 hours straight and at 5 weeks you were sleeping 7 & 1/2 hours straight!  Right now I'm typically giving you your last feeding of the day around 10 to 10:30pm and you sleep until I wake you sometime between 7:15 and 8:00am.  Plus you nap on and off all throughout the day.  Mommy & Daddy are sure appreciating all that sleep!
-While you sleep at night you are still swaddled with your arms out.  During the day you are pretty much catching naps in my arms or the bouncer and if we are out then in your carseat.
- When you do get fussy, you enjoy laying on your belly over my legs with my leg bouncing some.  That seems to sooth you pretty good.
- You went to the doctor today and weighed in at 11lbs & 5oz (63%) and measured 24in long (93%) and your head circumference was 15 & 1/2in (65%).  Currently you are bigger than Kennedie was at this age and a little smaller than Sawyer was at this age.  Right in the middle of your two big sisters!
- Speaking of size, you have pretty much outgrown your newborn clothes (there are a few pieces that still fit) and have moved right on into your 0-3 month clothes.
- You've already gone on your first trip!  You went to camp Kadesh at ACU with us two weeks ago.  You were a total rockstar!  You were so chill and flexible with the camp schedule and still did great sleeping!
- You love to be held and cuddled, but you are also very content sitting in your bouncer watching me do chores or watching your sisters play.  Such an easy little baby!
-You are still breastfeeding great!  You are an awesome little eater!  You eat about every 3 hours, 6 times a day.
- This past week you have started wearing your cloth diapers at home.  They look so cute on you!
- Over the last week to week and a half you have started to find your little voice.  You will coo every now and then at us... not very often, but when you do it is so precious.
- Your eyes are definitely more blue now.  Not as blue as your sisters, but at first it was hard to make out a color.  For now, they seem blue... we'll see how they change.
- You are already loving practicing standing up.  It's so cute to watch you discover your little legs and how to put weight on them.
- My favorite thing is your sweet little smile.  I love it!!  You have started to react to us and give us little smiles when you are happy and not just randomly.  You have one little dimple that is to die for when you smile super big!

My sweet little Preslee Ray, I can't believe that you are already two months old!  You are getting so big so fast.  I wish I could bottle you up and save your little two month-ness!  This is such a fun phase you are in.  I love that you have started to recognize me as your Mommy!  What a true blessing to know that you look for me.  I love that when you hear my voice you look around to find me.  I love that when I hold you and I'm talking to someone you'll just stare at me and start smiling.... it's so sweet!  I am so honored that the Lord chose me to be your Mommy!  You are such a good little baby and so, so sweet.   I love you more than I could ever tell you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment