Thursday, May 22, 2014
Kenndie is 4!
Okay, so my OCD is kicking in & I have to write about Kennedie TOAY, because today my sweet girl is 4 years old!!! What?! How that is even possible I don't know! I blinked and she grew overnight. It's crazy to sit here and think about typing out things about a 4 year old little girl and a baby or toddler.
Last year I did an interview with Kennedie on her birthday, and it seems only fitting to do the same interview again to see how things have changed. Click HERE to read last year's interview.
An interview with Kennedie Danyelle on her 4th birthday:
-How old are you? Four
-What makes you happy? Sawyer makes me happy.
-What is your favorite animal? A dinosaur
-What is your favorite thing to eat? Broccoli and ice cream
-What is your favorite thing to do? Play with toys
-What is your favorite TV show? Peppa the Pig
- What are you really good at? I'm really good at washing my face.
- What is your favorite movie? Sound of Music and Frozen
-What is your favorite color? Purple and green
- What is your favorite song? Jesus Loves Me
- Who is your best friend? Molly
- What do you and Mommy do together? We play together. We play baby dolls. We play dress-up.
-What do you and Daddy do together? We play ball.
- What is your favorite sport? Soccer
- Where is your favorite place to go? Running errands
- What is your favorite book? Fancy Nancy
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Edit some pictures
- What is your favorite Bible verse? Our Father in heaven, holy is your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Forgive us of our sins as we forgive those that sin against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the power and glory forever and ever. In Jesus name. Amen.
- What is your favorite toy? Baby dolls & Barbies
Again, I loved doing this interview with you. It's fun to hear your answers & to get a glimpse inside that sweet little mind of yours. Here are a few more fun things about you:
- You still love books. You could sit for hours and read books. You love to look at the pictures yourself, or make up the story, or sit and let someone else read to you. You LOVE stories.
- Because you LOVE stories so much you will constantly ask me to tell you a story-- while we eat or ride in the car are your favorite times to ask me to tell you one. You especially ask for the baby Jesus story, baby Moses story, or Joseph story.
- You also love to watch TV and movies. I'm not sure if it's because we limit your access to it to just a couple of times a week & so when it's on you are totally entranced, or if it's just your love of stories coming to fruition.
- This year you went to school for the first time. Today was your last day. You went 2 days a week from 8:30 to 1:00 (we picked you up early to nap at home with Sawyer). Ms. Jennifer was your teacher until she had her baby and then Ms. Cori was your teacher. You loved being at school and learning and playing.
-You love to play outside! You want to run and jump and explore and go to the park. You like bubbles and balls and riding your bike. You really aren't much of a "walker" anymore-- meaning you aren't to big of a fan of when we go on family walks and you have to ride in the stroller- you would much prefer walking on your own.
- You are still very small. You might be 30 pounds now, but we'll find out in a few weeks. Finding pants and swimsuits to fit you is a challenging task. All your 3t stuff fits (and 2t probably) but it's too short, because you are so tall. You are just going to be a tall and skinny girl.
- You listen pretty good most days, although sometimes when you are super tired you will get whiney and that's when you tend to get in trouble.
- You are 100% potty trained during the day, but you still have to wear pull-ups at night because you pretty much wake up wet every morning. Lately you've had a few accidents at nap time too so we've had to wear pull-ups during naps lately. I think that's just due to all the new transitions lately-- new baby sister Preslee & moving into our new house.
- You still take about a 2 hour nap each day (awesome!) and wake up about 8:00 am and go to bed anywhere from 8:45 to 9:30.
- You really like Tinkerbell (that's your party theme this year), Frozen, Mary Poppins, and Sound of Music.
- You love playing with your baby dolls. You are such a good little "Mommy."
- You have recently started wanting to take a shower all on your own. So independent.
- You love "easy" meals-- meaning when everything on your plate is something that you really like to eat. (Although, you eat everything and really aren't picky at all.)
- You like to take control and tell people what do or where to go, & you also will tattle-tale if someone is not doing what they are supposed to.
- You love going to Chick-fil-a to play and eat! You always ask for an ice-cream if we go. So cute (but that doesn't mean you get one all the time).
- You still refuse to walk up for Children Helping Children (at church) without Daddy or Mommy.
- You are a very good cleaner. When we ask you to pick up or clean up, you do a great job of putting everything away where it's supposed to go.
- You are very particular about your blankets at night. You want them an exact way and when they are not perfect you kinda have a melt down... same with shoe laces-- you have to have them a certain way. (I'm honestly wondering if you have a touch of OCD.)
- I love to hear you pray. You are so sweet. You will not only say "thank you" to God, but know you will pray for people and also for "Jesus dying on the cross for our bodies." I try to explain to you it's not for our bodies, but for our souls, but you don't really get that. Either way, God knows what you are meaning and it's the sweetest thing ever.
My sweet little Kennedie, words cannot express how much I love you. Every day you say or do something that just makes me smile. You are thoughtful and compassionate & I love that about you. You are such a sympathetic little girl- you never want anyone to be sad or to get hurt. You have also turned into a little leader. It's cute to hear you with your friends explaining what to do or what not to do... almost like a little teacher. You are still a little Mommy in the making. I love how nurturing you are with your baby dolls, but also Sawyer and Preslee. You are so kind and loving and want so much to help in any way that you can. You have truly taught me so much about the Father's love and grace. You make me want to be a better Mommy. I want nothing more than for you to grow up and choose to follow Jesus with your whole heart in love and service. I pray that HE will define you and give you your confidence & that you will not look to the things of this world to fill you in any way. May you be a light in the darkness and truly share the Father's love with others. May you be bold to speak HIS truth and not shy away from doing the right thing. I love you with all my heart sweet girl and I am so proud to be your Mommy. Thank you for being an amazing daughter.