Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sawyer is 19 Months Old


I can't believe that this little pumpkin-doodle is already another month older!  (Doesn't she just look so big in this picture?)  Where or where does the time go?  I also can't believe that she is old enough to be a big sister.  I have been praying for her & this new transition heading her way.  I've been praying that the Lord would prepare her heart to be a big sister and to fall into the position naturally and also that she will still feel our love for her so deeply.

Precious Sawyer Sue:
- This month the biggest change was that Kennedie started going to school two days a week which meant that you & I have gotten to have some amazing Sawyer & Mommy time!  I truly treasure these days where it is just the two of us.  We have never known what it's like for it to just be us.  The first day we kinda weren't sure what to do.  We both just kept looking at each other like, "Now what?"  We were both so used to your sister "entertaining" you and keeping us both so busy.  I think we've got it down now though, and it's been fun for both of us to just play together & snuggle.
- On that note, since we get up a little earlier on those two days you and I have started snuggling together in Mommy's bed for a little cat nap.  It's been nice to cuddle up with you & crash.  You otherwise have dropped down to only one nap a day formally although sometimes you'll randomly catch a morning nap in the car if we are running errands.
- So you are kinda at one nap a day about 2 hours and then some cat naps in the morning anywhere from 10 minutes in the car to 45 minutes in bed with me.
- You have tried to start vocally saying more, but you still aren't able to pronounce words very well.  You have really gotten your signing down, but to be honest you are not talking much at all.  Really no more than last month-- but you are tying to make the sounds which is so cute!
- You have tried to start running this month which equals some skinned knees.  Your little legs just can't quit keep up with how fast you are wanting to move, but you are getting there!
- You are still quit bothered by your sister if she takes something from you, but it seems like you guys play so well together.  Every day it seems you two play even better than the day before.  I love that you two really are becoming friends.  So sweet.
- You have also gotten at least 2 more teeth this month (maybe more but it's hard for me to tell).
- When you get excited you will kind of grunt/yell in a deep voice "Whooooo, ohhhh, ohhhh." It's so cute, but kinda hard to type out exactly what it sounds like.
- One thing is for sure- you don't want to be left out.  If Kennedie is eating something or doing something, or going somewhere you want to do the same thing!  So sweet!

My sweet Sawyer, my heart feels as if it could explode when I think of the great love I have for you.  Everyday you teach me more about God's great love for me and for that I am so grateful.  You are so sweet and gentle.  You have the most precious demeanor about you.  I love your little face that you make when you get embarrassed or if you think people are looking at you.  It's become your signature face and I could just eat it up it's so cute!  You put your chin to your chest to try to hide your eyes, but then you look up and try your hardest not to smile.  I love the new little time that we've gotten with each other.  I treasure the new snuggle time that we get together.  You are my special daughter of whom I'm so proud.  I love you more than you will ever know sweet girl.  

No comments:

Post a Comment