Saturday, September 14, 2013

April 23, 2014

...... That is the due date of our third child!!!  We are so incredibly excited about the Lord blessing us with another sweet baby!

Here is our little rockstar at 7 weeks:

It's all been so fast & so exciting!

On August 13th I took a pregnancy test to confirm what I thought {and deeply hoped} was true.  It was so exciting to see two lines & know that the Lord had heard our prayers!  I took the test the first thing when I woke up and waited {as patiently as possible} for two minutes before I peeked at the test.  Once I saw the confirmation I was ecstatic!!  I couldn't wait to tell Lantz.  He was working out and as soon as he got home I quickly went back to our room and brought the test back out to show him!  We were both super excited & beaming!  Here is our "we just found out" picture:


It was so fun to just have a little secret between the two of us.  Although, funny story, Kennedie had randomly been telling people that "Mommy has a baby in her belly" several times over the last month.  I chalked it up to us having been praying "for God to grow a baby in Mommy's belly."  I guess she knew something we hadn't!  Love that!  We knew Kennedie would be so excited to find out, but we also knew that she would share the news with everyone, so we wanted to wait to tell her & Sawyer until we knew we were ready for everyone to find out.

We went to the doctor a week later to have blood work done & discuss the possible due date.  Originally we thought that our sweet baby would have the due date of August 14, 2014.   We then got to set up our sonogram appointment for September 6.  We decided that we would take the girls with us to the appointment & let Kennedie & Sawyer seen the screen with the picture of the baby to let them know that there was indeed a little baby growing inside my belly.  We thought it would be the perfect time for them to find out.

Well Labor Day was on September 2nd and we were dying to tell our family so we decided we would let them know before the sonogram so that they could be praying.  We decided to take a family picture and text it to them.  Here is what they got:


Kennedie & Sawyer didn't really know why they were holding paper for  the picture, and we didn't tell them.  We knew we wanted to wait until the sonogram to let them know, but this was a fun way we decided to let our family know.  Needless to say, they were all thrilled!  It was also kinda fun to let them know all at the "same" time because we sent the text out at the exact time to Lantz's parents, his sister, my parents, and my sister.  It was neat to sit & see who would call first!

Later that week we got to go in for the sonogram and we took the girls with us.  We couldn't wait for them to find out!  We thought I'd be almost 9 weeks pregnant and it would be a good time to let the rest of the world know.

I wish I could explain to you the look on Kennedie's face when she saw the sonogram and we explained with that little "peanut" was on the screen.  She was SO excited!  Both our girls love playing with baby dolls and Kennedie especially loves seeing and holding babies at church.  Kennedie was tickled pink!  Sawyer didn't quit understand, but she was of course in a happy mood like always!  I'm sure she'll understand more and more as time goes on.  It was just so amazing to see that little heartbeat and to know that God is forming another little person inside of me again!

What we did learn at that sonogram appointment was that the baby was actually measuring about 10 days smaller than what the thought the original due date was.  So instead of being almost nine weeks I was barely 7 weeks pregnant.  Whoa! Once Kennedie knew- we knew that the cat was out of the bag!  It was fun to let her tell a few people Friday and Saturday.  On Sunday we let the teens know during class and then let our church family know during service since Lantz had announcement duty.  We just showed our above family picture!

Everyone has been so sweet & so excited for us!  It's so neat to know God is creating another little miracle inside of me again.  We truly just feel blessed.

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant.  I have been more sick this time around, but my doctor recommended some medicine (all natural & completely safe for the baby) for me and once I started taking that I really haven't had any issues.  I primarily have just been SOOOOO tired.  I have napped almost every day for the last two weeks.  It's been nice to have the opportunity to lay down while the girls rest, but needless to say the house chores & my blogging have been lacking.  {Who am I kidding, my blogging has been lacking for awhile now!  Ha!}  Overall things have been great so far though.  I do have to go in for another sonogram next week so that the doctor can see more since the baby was much smaller than anticipated last time.

So I started belly pictures and here is where we are so far (I feel like I am already starting on that pregnant shape!):



Again, we are just beyond excited!  We would love for you to join us in praying for our newest little one.  We know that God hears our prayers and we are just so grateful for this blessing that HE has already given to us.

6 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I guess we will be preggers together but we'll have to wait & see if you will have a girl this time or if God has something else planned for your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Just saw we are due about the same time!! How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to you too Bonnie! How exciting for Dean!

      Delete