Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sawyer is 18 Months


It's crazy how fast time flies when you are having fun!  And fun we are having!  This 18 month old has really started to be much more action packed!  It's crazy to me that today marks the halfway point to {dare I say it?} .... two?  I am just not ready to even think about my baby getting older.  Today is hard enough.  I feel like daily she is becoming more and more of a toddler and less of a baby... even though she'll always be my baby.

Sweet girl:

- You are still crazy about balls!  I think you really will end up being our athlete!  I love that they make you so happy and that you point them out anytime you see them.  You always want your hand on one if they are anywhere in site.
- You have barely been catching little cat naps in the morning, but still sleeping for about 2 to 2 & 1/2 and even sometimes 3 hours in the afternoon.
- You are still in a phase of wanting someone to hold you most of the time.  You really don't like it if Mommy or Daddy is holding you & we have to set you down for a minute.
- This month even more than last month you have really loved playing with baby dolls.  You will pick them up and rock them and say "Shhhhhhhh, shhhhhhhh." (Not sure if your are telling us to "shh" because the baby is sleeping or if you are telling the baby "shhh" because she is "crying.")  It's all too precious.
-Speaking of babies, you really have started pointing and grunting a lot at real babies.  I'm not sure if it's good or bad... I think it's because you want to see it!
- You have started to get very mad if Kennedie is playing with something and you want it.  It's hard for you to understand why you can't play with something if your sister is playing with it first.  The sibling fights have already started!
- You and Kennedie have started to hold hands some while walking and it just absolutely melts my heart so much.
- The other day I was editing some pictures and so I let you & your sister watch Curious George for a few minutes.  Well, it got curiously quiet and so I peeked my head in on you two and you were asleep in your sister's lap.  This was probably the sweetest thing my eyes have seen as a Mommy.  Your little head was laying right in your sisters lap and she was playing with your hair and you were sound asleep.  It was a moment I wish I could have bottled up to save forever.
- You are still not talking much at all.  You will say "eye" and point to an eye now though, and you'll say "peek-a-boo."  Getting you to talk has been very difficult.  You want nothing of it.  You are only into pointing and grunting or shaking your head "yes" or "no."  However, it seems you completely understand everything that we say to you.  You are one smart little girl!
- You have really started eating more and more fruit this month.  At first I thought maybe you'd be more picky than your sister, but your tastebuds have started really opening up lots more to different fruits this month.
- You are still showing lots more interest in books!  It's so cute to watch you open them up and "read."
-You have especially loved being outside this month & I notice that you sometimes get mad when it's time to come in.
-Your feet have really grown this month.  You outgrew your size 4 sandals and skipped size 5 all together.  You are currently in a size 6!  Yes, a size 6!  Your sister barely outgrew a size 6 in the spring!  I think you are going to be one tall girl!
-You have started screaming "Ma" or "Mamamama" around the house.  It's like you are a teenager saying, "Mom!?"  I love it!

My darling little girl, I can't even begin to put into words how much love my heart has for you.  You are such a sweet little girl and I love that you will still let me steal little snuggles & cuddles from you.  I love the little sparkle in your eye and the sweet way you look down and try not to smile when people are looking at you.  You are just the sweetest little thing ever.  Thank you for still showering me with the best little open mouth kisses and for loving me.  I thank God daily for picking me to be your Mommy.  I love you so much Sawyer Sue. 





2 comments:

  1. Jessica, I like your blog and loved it on blogionaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how when she smiles, she smiles with her whole face. So genuine and pure.

    ReplyDelete