Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Kennedie's First Day of Pre-School


Today was a big day in our house!  Kennedie started Pre-School!

We woke Kennedie up with a special surprise of donuts to go along with her fruit smoothie.  We had fun talking all about what she would do during the day at school.  We got her dressed and then took some pictures to document this exciting day.







LOVE this one!  It was supposed to be a silly face one-- Sawyer was trying! Ha!

We then prayed over Kennedie and headed up to the school.  She was totally fine until we got there.  Once we were there all she wanted was her Daddy to hold her.  She started crying and getting really upset.  We tried to calm her down as best we could, but knew that we would probably just make it worse by trying to pacify her.  I took a picture of her cubby & of her & her sweet teacher Mrs. Jennifer: 



Kennedie is very blessed to have Mrs. Jennifer as a teacher this year.  Mrs. Jennifer is currently her Bible school teacher on Sunday morning.  This quarter at Bible school Kennedie has loved being in Mrs. Jennifer's class.  Talk about a HUGE blessing and an easy transition for Kennedie!

Bless her heart!  It was too sad.  We gave her kisses and said goodbye, and then left.  A few minutes later another mom came out and let me know that she stopped crying and was playing with some toys. Whew!

Sawyer and I then headed home to a few hours all by ourself!  I think both of us were unsure what to do without Kennedie, but we surely did enjoy some alone time together.

 I had lunch duty today at Kennedie's school to help, and when I showed up she was in a great mood!  When it was time for her to leave the lunch room she lined right up with her class and walked right on out without a second thought.

I actually decided that I would pick her up early this year from school.  It's not supposed to get out until 2:30, but I decided I'd pick her up at nap time at 1:30 and take her home to sleep.  She is still sleeping for 2 to 2 & 1/2 hours, so I didn't want her to get woken up early and be grumpy.  {Not only that she is still with me for 5 other days in the week & I don't want her to only be sleeping for 30 minutes to an hour!}

Kennedie was very excited that she got to paint today.  They talked about how red and yellow mixed together make orange.  Fun!

Right now both the girls are passed out asleep.  I think all in all it was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting & she looked so cute for her first day! Sadie doesn't start until next week so I am kind of getting excited & nervous at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete