Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Kennedie's Curious George Party



So.... about a month (and a week) ago {I'm a little late on this post} we celebrated Kennedie's 3rd birthday.  It was a no brainer on what the theme would be.  I'm pretty sure she requested a Curious George party before Christmas!  This girl LOVES Curious George!



I was SO unbelievably excited to throw Kennedie a party that she would love!  It was so neat to use a theme that she picked all by herself.



I was a little worried at first though.  Most Curious George parties out there seem to be a bit on the "boyish" side, and you know me.... it was going to have to be a "girlie" party.


I stuck with the main colors of red, yellow, and sky blue with some brown {from George himself}.  I tried to give it a bit of a "vintage" feel since that is really in style right now & most of the things I have access to are more "old school."


Kennedie also loves playing at any park.  Seriously.  She loves to swing and slide and swing some more! We knew we would have to have it at a park to fit her personality.  We decided on the park at our church so we wouldn't have to worry about trying to mark our territory or worry about stranger danger.


The birthday girl also decided on the main course- hot dogs!  When I gave her several choices of what we could eat at her party, hot dogs was the one she wanted.


I had plenty of help to create some special touches.  My friend Natalie did all the design work for me, and let me tell you people, she is incredible to work with.  She designed the invitations, the food tent labels, the cute signs, the straw flags, the jar labels, the water bottle labels, the favor tags, and also the "thank you" note postcards.  She created everything custom to add that special flare to Kennedie's party.  If you need any design work done, let me tell you-- she is your girl!  Check out her Etsy shop   or "like" her Facebook page to keep up with her latest work.  Thanks again Natalie!




I also had some help with my baked goods.  My sweet friend Andrea helped me decorate all the Curious George sugar cookies.  We decided on a ball that George played on and matched her shirt, George himself, and the number 3.  They turned out SO cute & definitely added that special touch to the party.  She also made the most AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS cupcakes EVER!  Seriously- they were that good.  They were banana split cupcakes..... AHHH!  Are your tastebuds watering yet?  They were so good & looked so cute too.... I'm craving one just writing about it right now.  She also created the adorable yellow hat cake.  It looked just like The Man in the Yellow Hat's hat!  Kennedie was so excited about it!  It was delicious too!  If you are local then you should message me and I'll give you her information.




My friend Erin also used her handy dandy machine to help me cut out the cupcake wrappers and the "Kennedie" and "three" signs.  She also tipped me off on the yarn puff garland.  Thanks Erin!



Big thanks to my mom & grandmother who let me borrow some stuff for decor & my friend Simmeri for letting me borrow her son's Curious George fire fighter!




And then of course there is my sweet husband who got up early and helped me set the whole party up! Thanks babe!


Besides the baked goods & paper designs, some of my favorite touches to the party were the yarn puff garland, the popcorn bar {Kennedie loves popcorn}, the George bunting above the food table, the yarn covered 3, using my Dad's wooden tool holder he made in middle school as the plate/napkin/silverware holder, the small wooden Radio Flyer wagon that held the beans, and the Curious George shirt I made the birthday girl {thanks Pinterest for the idea}.







Super easy and cheap back drops were crepe paper.  Yes crepe paper!  I love the fun little touch it added behind both the desert table and the food table.


My only regret from the party?   Not getting a picture with my nice camera of the desert table full length floor to ceiling.  Yes, I know that sounds so silly, but when you are a photographer things like that matter.  Boo!  Luckily I got all the zoomed in pictures and details, and my mom had an iphone picture of the table floor to ceiling.


I loved how the drink station turned out too... I just put it on the same table as the popcorn.





Favors were sacks of popcorn to go for everyone & Curious George coloring books for the kids.


Here are some more pictures {go to my Facebook page to see tons more}:







It was such a fun little party and Kennedie LOVED it!  We were so blessed by our sweet friends and family that came to celebrate with us!  Cheers to Miss K being 3 now!

32 comments:

  1. I LOVEEE EVERYTHING! You're very blessed to have talented and kind friends to help with all of those awesome details that make the party. I really like everything about it, will keep this in mind for my fun little monkey who will turn 2 soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I love all the details. My little monkey will be turning 2 soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just stumbled upon this website and I don't comment on blogs for people I don't know, but I had to comment. I'm in the process of planning my twins' 3rd birthday party right now - Curious George theme - and I may just have to steal a bunch of your ideas! So so cute. My little monkeys love popcorn too so I love the popcorn bar idea, and I love the look of all the decor. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You are so sweet! Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! I used a "best lemonade" recipe floating around Pinterest: 1 cup Countrytime Lemonade mix, 2 cups cold water, 1 can of chilled pineapple juice {46 oz}, 2 cans chilled Sprite = best lemonade stand in the neighborhood. I think I just doubled it. It really is delicious. I always get compliments on it and there is never any left.

      Delete
  5. I love your Curious George Party!!! Im having one for my son, who will be 2 in April. Im still in the process of planning, but your party...red and white stripe, use of new and old books/pages, cupcakes, everything! This is how I am picturing my party :) Beautiful! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am helping my niece with a CG party. Where did you find the clipart for the printable items? I have a silhouette and want to make some of those. Ex: water bottles - food labels - tags for coloring books. Thanks for any help!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you tell me how you made your hat pop? Are they marshmallows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are marshmallows dipped in yellow candy coating and then I used brown chocolate for the band.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Hey Allison! The cupcakes were banana split cupcakes.

      Delete
  9. Hey, Where did you find the printable monkey juice sign?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job! I am throwing a Curious George birthday party for my Son's first birthday and this has me totally excited for the decor! I know this was a few years ago but I just found it on pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful party! Did you make your Monkey Juice sign?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I don't remember exactly how... it was a few years ago now. I think I scanned a picture from one of the George books we have. I think I enlarged it & just wrote "Monkey Juice" & added a border. Hope that helps.

      Delete
  12. Stumbled across your blog, as I'm in search of throwing my soon to be 3 year old a Curious George party.Seriously, the cutest ideas ever! Can I ask where you got the CG plush dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monica, I borrowed one plush George from a friend, & one I ordered online. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm doing my nephews 1st Birthday Party in a Curious George theme and I'm using a lot of your ideas!!!!! I love them!!!! You don't by any chance still have your monkey juice recipe do you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she wrote it in reply to one of the comments above

      Delete
    2. she wrote it in reply to one of the comments above

      Delete
  15. Hey Jessica, i just love what you did with the curious george theme my daughter loves it and I'm doing curious george for her 3rd bday in August I was wondering where did you find the polka dot crepe paper? I'm looking online and can't seem to find it. Please let me know I would really appreciate it Thank you! -Janette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janette, I'm sorry I'm just getting back to you. I honestly can't remember where I got the polka-dot-crepe paper. Although, I do most of my party shopping at Hobby Lobby and The Dollar Tree. I'm thinking Hobby Lobby, but again, I can't remember. Sorry to not be of more help. Thanks for your kind words.

      Delete
  16. Hi! Fantastic Party! Well done! Can I ask where you got the large bowl for the popcorn?
    Thank you Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I borrowed the silver galvanized bucket/bowl from my mom. Not sure where she got it... so sorry.

      Delete
  17. I know this is years later, so I'll be surprised to get a response, lol. Do you remember what tutorial you used for the shirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got the picture of George from online somewhere, or maybe I copied it from a book with a copier. Then I printed it on the paper you can transfer to material. I bought the white shirt from walmart and then just followed the directions on the paper to transfer it to the shirt. I think it involved an iron. ??? I honestly can't remember. I did a practice one with my other daughter's onesie. It's held up well-- still in great shape for daughter number 3 to wear.

      Delete
  18. Do you have a download for the curious George banner? it so cute and I can't find that banner anywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what is in your monkey juice if u dont mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  20. what is in your monkey juice if u dont mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete