Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sawyer is 15 Months Old


What!?  How this this little cutie-pa-tootie already 15 months old?  {Oh hey blog.... haven't seen you in exactly one month!} This crazy little girl is getting so big & so fun!

Little Sister:

- Biggest accomplishment this month..... drum roll please...... WALKING!  Yes, that's right you finally decided to take more than one step at 14 & 1/2 months old.  Not only that the past few days you stand up and try to walk all on your own from place to place without any encouragement.  You are getting to be such a big girl!  SO pumped that I actually just happened to catch your first steps on video... that's right!  You were being silly with your tongue and I busted out the video and you started climbing all over me, so I scooted back and low and behold you started walking towards me. I was so surprised & excited!  It was the COOLEST thing ever to actually catch those first steps on video... priceless! If I can figure out how to post a video then maybe I'll try to get it up.
- In other walking news... when you are not crawling or walking on your own, you love your little walker toy (orange, green, & white toy in background of above picture).  You maneuver that thing all around and get wherever you desire- fast!  It's crazy how good you are at moving it when you get stuck.  Your sister never could figure out how to move it when it got stuck on her when she was learning how to walk, but you've got that thing figured out!
- You also started feeding yourself with a spoon this month, and you are really good at it!  Super surprising how good you've caught onto it.
- You are still pretty laid back, but you still do not like it when someone takes something away from you..... particularly your snack trap.  If you are holding onto that thing and Mommy tries to take it away (even just to buckle you up and switch hands holding it) you would think the world was coming to an end.  Girlfriend does not like things taken away from her.
- You are SO easy to discipline.  If we just tell you "no," you get the poutiest face and just cry.  Your little lip pokes out and your mouth quickly turns into a very exaggerated frown.  It's so pathetic and absolutely adorable.  Last night Daddy made a comment after you made your face.  He said, "Girl, it's going to be too hard to discipline you if you keep making that cute little face." Ha!  Guess we know who the "enforcer" is going to be.
- You are a much pickier eater than your sister was at your age.  If you don't like it, you are not going to eat it- that's for sure.  Seems like you definitely have an opinion about what goes into your mouth.
- You are wearing 12 month & 18 month clothing.
- You seem so tall lately.  Not sure your weight or height yet.  We go to the doctor next week.
- I think you have 12 teeth now.
- I think your hair is lightening up some. Your curls are just getting looser and looser and when your hair dries with no product or scrunching there is just a ever so little curl to the tips of your hair.  Not sure if I'll ever want to cut it... it might take all the curl away.   :(
- You can sign "more," "please," "done," and "bye-bye"... but I think you only know what "more" and "bye- bye" mean.
- You are still only saying "ma-ma" and "da-da" but I think you'll start talking soon.  You make lots of noises and try to talk.
- When your toes are painted and you look at them you get so happy and make little high pitched talking sounds.... kinda almost like you are singing.
- You go down SUPER easy for naps and night time.  So cute that you are still plopping yourself right down to sleep on our shoulder or in the bed on your little stuffed elephant/blanket.  LOVE.  I've even had the joy of you falling asleep while I rocked you a few times this month..... absolutely priceless..... I know these moments are fleeting.


Precious angel, my heart is crazy about you.  You are like my little ray of sunshine.  You are so sweet and gentle.  You are easy going and full of cuddles.  I love your sweet little personality that is taking shape.  You mean the world to me, and I'm so grateful that you call me "ma-ma-ma-ma."  Your little smile is to die for and even your pouty face.  Thank you for bringing so much joy to my life.  I love you so much sweet girl. 



No comments:

Post a Comment