Friday, February 15, 2013

Sawyer is ONE!



What?!  I have a ONE year old?  I seriously can't believe that my little Sawyer Sue is already one.  It's such a bittersweet day.  It's sad to say my little Sawyer isn't a "baby" anymore, but it's so exciting to watch her learn and grow.  I'm so thankful for this last year.  Sawyer truly has been a little ray of sunshine!  I just can't believe a year ago we were welcoming this sweet little joy into our lives-- it feels like she has been apart of our family forever!

Sweet Sawyer Sue:

- You are not a dare-devil!  You DO NOT like being thrown up in the air.  I'm not sure if it's the scare of heights or being tossed up to be caught by us.
- You have started just barely furniture walking.... and kinda not really.  For the most part you just pull up and stay in one place, but every now and then you'll move a little foot here or there while you are pulled up somewhere.  Mostly you just pull up and stay in one place.  I don't think you'll be walking for at least another month-- maybe longer.
- You have mastered crawling and you are all over the place!  It's been fun to watch you get around the house on your own trying to keep up with your sister.
- I'm not sure exactly how much you weigh.  We had to take you into the doctor 3 weeks ago because you had the flu and you still only weighed 19 pounds just like at your 9 month visit.
- You are still wearing 12 month clothing with a few 9 month shirts.
- You still have your big blue eyes and your loose curls.
- You take 2 naps a day.  About an hour & a half in the morning and two to two and half hours in the afternoon.
- You are still breastfeeding 4 times a day.  But you now pretty much eat whatever we are eating- we just have to make sure it's a good consistency for you.
- You still have a little separation anxiety and tend to cry when I drop you off for Bible class.
- You can give high-fives now!
- You still only have 8 teeth.
- I'm not sure how tall you are now, but everyone comments on how long you are.  Most people can't believe that you are only one.
- You always pull your socks off.  For some reason you think it's so funny.
- You are a pacifier girl.... and I'm afraid of taking it away because you may be a thumb girl.  You have started sticking your thumb up into the hole of your pacifier and sucking it like that.  If you don't have your pacifier you will chew on your fingers... a few times we've caught you with your thumb in your mouth!  I think we'll keep the pacifier around a little longer in hopes that you won't suck your thumb.  You would keep your pacifier in your mouth most of the day if we let you.  It makes you happy.
- You are pretty independent.  You are pretty much okay playing by yourself for the most part.  Lately you have started not wanting to be left in a room by yourself.  You especially enjoy following your big sister around.
- This morning  you said "Da-da" for the first time.  So sweet.  You still mostly just say "Ma-ma."

My precious Sawyer Sue, where has the year gone?  I just can't believe that you are already one year old.  Last night I stayed up late and looked through all your birthing pictures and watched all the videos from when you came into this world.   It feels like yesterday that we welcomed you into this world.  What a beautiful day that was!  God is so good.  You are such a wonderful gift from God.  We love you so much more than you could ever imagine.  Thank you sweet girl for being so wonderful.  I held you a little longer last night knowing that it would be the last time that I laid you down for bed as a "baby"... even though you'll always be my baby girl.  My heart can't express to you the amount of love that I have for you Sawyer.  You are my precious, precious girl.  I pray that you'll grow into a woman who has a heart for God.  I love you so, so much sweet girl and I always will.  


One year ago today:










TODAY:


1 comment: