Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Monday, October 15, 2012
Doesn't she look so big in this picture?? I just can't believe that Sawyer is already 8 months old! It really does seem like yesterday that I wrote about her turning 7 months old. Time goes much faster with two sweet little ones that it did with one.
- This past month us started sitting up all on your own without any help. You started doing this just a few days after turning 7 months old. Such a big girl now!
- You are not officially crawling.... BUT, you do a little army crawling and some major rolling to try to get you where you'd like to go- sometimes you make it, and sometimes you end up somewhere else.
- You are still taking three 1-1&1/2 hour naps each day. Your middle of the day nap is your longest nap in which you like to snooze a little longer than the other two. You are still sleeping 10-11 hours each night.
- Feeding. You are still breastfeeding 5 times a day. Really you could go down to 4 times a day with a 4 hour spread between, but I'm just not ready to drop you down yet if I'm being honest. You eat solids 3 times a day after your second, third, and fourth breastfeeding. You have now eaten: rice cereal, peas, green beans, avocados, butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and pears. You seem to like anything we put in front of you. You'll eat avocados, but you still aren't crazy about them.
- You still have a touch of separation anxiety from your Mommy or Daddy, but nothing major.
- You finally cut some teeth this month. Your bottom two middle teeth are starting to make a grand appearance.
- You still have your blue eyes and your curly brown hair. I have noticed that your hair seems to be lightening up just a tad and your curls seem like they are going to grow out to just be curls on the bottom because it just doesn't seem quit a "curly" with some new length.
- Good news! About a week before we were supposed to go in to get your right eye "fixed" from leaking it stopped all on its own. We were grateful that it corrected itself and we didn't have to do anything to help it from leaking.
- You are wearing just a few of your larger 3-6 month clothes, and primarily in 6-9 and 12 month clothing. Some of the 12 months stuff fits perfect, and some is still just a little big.
- You got to go to the zoo for the first time last week. You didn't seem to notice anything, but that's okay- we'll go again when you are older & I'm sure you'll love it!
- This month was pretty hard on your mommy because we had to put up all your baby stuff. It was sad, but we put up your play mat, your bouncer, your final car seat head padding, and your bath seat. You don't need any of it anymore, and it was sad to take it to the attic knowing that we've forever lost that phase of your sweet life. With that though, you love taking a bath sitting up like a big girl with your sister!
- This month you also said "mamamamama" again one more time...closest thing to your first word still. I am loving hearing you say my name (even if you don't know what you are saying!). You've also started pronouncing your "b's" - "babababababa."
Precious baby girl, you are such a sweet little thing. I love how you are starting to laugh- primarily at your sister! Your little giggles are just too fun and you typically can get all of us laughing when you giggle. You are just getting too big too fast. I wish I could bottle time up and come back to these sweet moments anytime I wanted- but unfortunately that's not how it works... I must try to soak it all up and enjoy each sweet minute I get with you. You are such a bundle of joy and I can't begin to tell you how much I love you and how grateful I am that the Lord of all the universe was so generous in picking me to be your Mommy. I love you Sawyer Sue.
Sunday, October 7, 2012
I love this girl so much!!! Kennedie has been so much fun lately! Every day I find myself cracking up at her at some point during the day because she is just SO cute! Here is a little bit about our little love lately:
- Potty training.... we are getting there. She wears panties around the house (with a few accidents here and there) and pull-ups out in public. A few weeks ago we started setting a timer to pretend like it was a game & every time it went off she had to go sit on the potty. We started with 20 minutes, & she really liked that. The past few days we've just let her run naked and go put herself on the potty when she needs to go. This has really been awesome! She loves the independence of sitting herself on the potty, wiping (or lack of... let's not go there), and washing her hands. She has really been a ROCKSTAR! Yesterday she even walked herself right on in the bathroom and sat on the potty and pooped!!! All on her own!!! People- this is HUGE! We are so proud! We definitely still need the pull-ups for out in public because sometimes she still doesn't let us know when she needs to go. I wish I could say I read a great book or had a great method that accomplished all this in a day- but I don't. We are just going with the flow on this one. We are getting there though.
- This girl LOVES her some Curious George. I try not to let her watch too much TV during the day, but I try to let her watch a little of "George" as she calls it. She has just been super into it lately... I'm feeling a 3rd birthday party theme coming along if this continues.
- She loves to put on "yips," which would include anything dealing with "lips"- chapstick, lipgloss, lipstick.... all of it. She is a girlie girl. I have to watch out because if she gets her hands on it, she wants to put it on over and over.
- She's starting to get the hang of jumping. I wouldn't say she's mastered the trade yet, but she is getting there. I know... she's two and she's just now jumping.... homegirl isn't the most athletic thing. That's okay!
- It's SOOOOOO cute when something is poking her or bothering her, she'll tell us that, "some-some's owie." Her "something" comes out "some-some's"... SO stinking cute!
- When Kennedie gets frustrated at something she says, "Oh my goodness!" And she'll just say it over and over like 10 times. It's pretty adorable!
- Kennedie has been napping close to 2 hours lately! This is great because for awhile (I think with Sawyer being new and not wanting to miss anything) she was only sleeping for a little over one hour.
- She has 2 Bible verses memorized from her Bible class: "God is with you wherever you go" Josh. 1:9- which she then will tell us where God is with her-- "when you go night-night, when go shoppin, when you go to ACU(love it!), when you go swimmin, when you go part (park)". And most recently she memorized, "Nothing can separate us from God's love" Romans 8:39. Knowing she is learning to remember scripture just warms my heart & makes me so excited! We practice every day & we go over her Bible lesson that she learned at church on Sunday each day too so that I can reinforce what she is learning.
Anywho.... just wanted to document a few of my favorite things with one of my favorite girls!