Friday, June 15, 2012
4 Months is hard to write about. I don't know why, but I feel like it's just too big. I mean.... in some ways I think 3 months and under are infants, but once they hit 4 months they are no longer infants, but babies. So, my little baby is 4 months old today. How is that possible that sweet Sawyer Sue is already at this mark??
- You still loved to be held and cuddled, and we still love doing it. We are glad that your sleeping habits have smoothed back out and we are able to get our 8- 9 hours of sleep at night. :) Thanks.
- Not exactly sure how big you are, but we'll go to the doctor next week and see. You are surprisingly still in some 0-3 month clothing and some of your 3-6 month pieces. I'm not so sure you are growing quit as fast as you were, but we'll soon find out.
- You've been eating great lately. A few weeks ago you dropped down to 5 feedings a day and you seem to be doing great with it. You have upped your time on each side of the breast though, but you still seem to be a happy baby when you are done eating. When I pump a bottle for you- it seems like you'll eat anywhere from 4 & 1/2 ounces to 6 ounces. You like to eat like your mommy! :)
- You went to church camp for the first time this month. You got to go to Kadesh at ACU. Hopefully one day when you are a teenage you'll get to go back as a camper. You were such a rockstar at camp. You rode peacefully in your Baby B'journ (sp?) all week, and just went with the flow. Some days at camp you ate 6 times a day, but others only 5.
-You are definitely a little drool monster lately. I wonder if you'll be cutting some teeth soon.
- You are so SMILEY!!! We love it! You are such a happy baby and we love cooing with you and listening to you "talk" to us and smile at us. You have also started to give us some small little belly laughs.... nothing completely full blown yet.... lots of talking... especially, "oh," with a big smile. :) Precious.
- You still have your pretty blue eyes and your soft curls.... you are such a pretty baby.
-You have started sitting in your Bumbo this month. You can't stay in there too long because your neck starts to flail over, but you last for about 10 minutes or so. Such a big girl.
-You have started to really take to your big sister this month. It seems like your eyes "track" her more and more. It's almost like you are already "looking up" to her.
Dearest and most beautiful Sawyer, you are my sunshine. My day is always brighter because of you. You truly do light up a room. I can't help but stare at you and talk to you often. I pray that we'll always be close and that you'll want to share sweet moments with me forever. You are such a good baby... always so easy going and willing to go with the flow. I love watching you explore the world with your big blue eyes..... you like to sit and take it all in, and I like to sit and take you all in. You are my precious girl and I love you so much sweetheart. Words can't express what my heart feels for you. Thank you Lord for my gentle and loving Sawyer. I love you baby girl.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
So.... we are still here, but I apparently haven't gotten any better at blogging. I take lots of pictures, but it just seems like I can't find the time to sit and load them on the computer and then find time to sit and write all about our adventures. Ha! At this rate when/if we ever have more kids I'll just get further and further behind. Oh well.
*A quick note about last week:
Last week the girls and I went to camp with Lantz and the high schoolers in Abilene at Kadesh. In case you are unaware... I am completely 100% SOLD on this camp. I grew up going to Kadesh, and it changed me. Seriously. I know I wouldn't be the same person spiritually had I not attended this camp. I know my faith has run deeper because of my experiences at Kadesh. Lantz has gotten to hear me sing praises about how incredible this camp is for the last 8 years, and he finally got to see what all the fuss was about. I love that as we studied the curriculum and prepared he kept stopping over and over saying, "This is great," ... "Every one of our kids should be going to this camp," .... "Wow! This is such great material,"..... "Why are not all of our teens coming to this camp,".... "This is awesome." And yes.... those things just kept coming out of his mouth all week long while we were actually there.
I loved being on the other side as a group leader. We had such an incredible week, and it was awesome to watch God work not only in teens lives, but also ours. I'm not going to lie though- it was super intense, (especially picking & dropping off a 2 year old & carting a 3 & 1/2 month old around in the baby bjorn and breastfeeding). The day is jammed pack with praise & worship, small group Bible studies, service projects, prayer time and spiritually focused interactive activities. There is very little free time. The day starts at 8am (6:30 for breastfeeding moms) and goes until midnight. As exhausting as the week was though, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
I know that most people have a camp that they feel like is top-notch, but Kadesh really is such a powerful tool in the kingdom of God. I just wanted to take a little blog room up to express my appreciation for the camp, and possibly to inspire some to try the camp out if they never have.
Okay... onto some pictures & life stories from the Howard household....
|Blue eyes & a happy baby!|
|Cute dress with a birdie on the front & one on the back under the dress on the bloomers! Couldn't resist taking a picture.|
The next are a couple of the girls wearing the same outfits & roughly the same age. They kinda favor each other in small ways, but for the most part I think they are their own. :)
Are the outfits just not SOOOOOOOO cute??? I am so proud of her. She has really been making some super cute things lately, and I'm trying to convince her she needs to sell them. You'd buy them, wouldn't you???
Anywho, that's all for now. I'm going to post some pictures from Kennedie's 2 year birthday party soon. They are on my Facebook if you haven't gotten to see them yet, but hopefully within a few days I'll get them on the blog.... I'm so excited about how it turned out. We had a lot of fun.