Thursday, November 15, 2012
Sawyer is 9 Months Old
It's hard to believe that my baby girl is already 9 months old! I only have 3 more months until she is (shhhhh........ don't say it)........ one. Sigh....... really? I can't handle it. In some ways it's been harder letting Sawyer grow up than it was with Kennedie. I just feel like she should still be this itty-bitty thing in my arms.
- You sit up like a champ! Very rarely do you "bonk", but you will let yourself down slowly to get into a crawling position.
-Speaking of crawling, you are still not "officially" crawling yet--- which I'm totally okay with. You are army crawling with your little legs dangling behind you, with a kick every now and then, but you haven't figured out how to really get up and use your legs.
- It seems like any day now you are going to pull yourself up. You will reach for things and start to pull yourself up, but you can't get back your knees. You barely get yourself pulled up to your knees and then you fall because you aren't quite strong enough to pull your bottom half up! Love it!
- You started clapping this month! You get so excited to clap!
- You have started having a bit of separation anxiety when you see Mommy or Daddy walk away, or if someone else is holding you. It's not so bad, but it's definitely come out some this month.
- You HATE it if someone takes away a toy that you are looking at. If you are playing with something and your sister takes it away, you cry... very loudly. It's totally obvious that you are mad. This also comes out at bath time especially. At the end of bath time we have to pry some of your toys out of your hand before we wrap you up in a towel, and this makes you so MAD. We always know to expect it... we think it's pretty cute!
- You also get frustrated if we leave you in a room by yourself for a few minutes. You totally want to be right where the action is at!
- Your bottom 2 front teeth are in, and they are so cute! I noticed yesterday that your top right tooth is barely trying to pop through right now. Yesterday you were pretty fussy and I think that it's due to your new top tooth trying to come.
- You are now only breastfeeding 4 times a day. I was a little worried about this transition, but you were a total rockstar & 100% ready for that. (You eat about 8am, 12pm, 4pm, and somewhere between 9pm-10:30pm depending on if we are out late.)
- You eat solids after your 8,12, & 4 feeding and then again at 6:30. You are now eating: rice cereal, peas, green beans, avocados, sweet potatoes, butternut squash (your favorite!), carrots, beans, apples, pears, peaches, & prunes. You drink a little water and apple juice too. You have had bananas, but I don't like to give them to you because you are still having a "hard" time pottying. I've also let you have some small tastes of some of our soup. You've also had some puffs, but you still haven't gotten the whole "chew" it up movement down so you kinda choked (not major) on one- needless to say we are going to wait a few more weeks on that one.
- Speaking of food, you've also gotten an opinion on what you like and don't like. You don't really care for green beans or carrots any more. You will purposely gag on them and not open your mouth to eat them... a bit dramatic & stubborn... hmmmmmm.... not at all like your mother or sister. :)
- You take 2 naps a day.... about 1&1/2 hours in the morning and 2-2 &1/2 hours in the afternoon.
- You LOVE to swing. You've been swinging for several months now, but it's fun to see your face light up just like your sisters when we go to the park- awesome!
- You still have your big blue eyes and a touch of loose curls. Your curls are not nearly as tight as what they were when your hair was shorter. I think you'll just have some wavy hair.
- You are wearing 6-9 month clothing and 12 month clothing. You are too long for your one piece 6-9 month pajamas, but all your 6-9 dresses & 6-9 2 piece outfits fit just perfect. A few 12 month pieces are a little big on you, but most of it fits pretty good.. still growing into it. We'll see how big you are when we go to the doctor in like 10 days.
- You are such a heavy wetter. Like seriously. At night in your cloth diapers we are having to put 2 normal pads in and 2 hemp pads... yes- 4 pads! That's the only way we've found you don't wake up wet. When we go out in public we have to make sure to have hemp pads in your diapers, and sometimes we just resort to disposables if we know we won't be able to change you easily within an hour or two.
Darling Sawyer, you are getting so big so fast, and it makes Mommy sad to see how fast time is going. You are just the sweetest baby ever and you always seem so happy and content just hanging out in our arms. You have really started developing more of a personality lately, and it's been so fun to discover who you are. I love everything about you sweet girl and I feel so blessed to call you mine. Your smile is to die for and we love it when you get excited to see us! You are so precious, and I love you so much sweet girl. My prayer is that as you continue to grow you will one day grow to know, love, and serve our heavenly Father. He has blessed me so much by giving me a daughter as sweet as you. I love you baby girl.