Monday, October 15, 2012
Sawyer is 8 Months Old
Doesn't she look so big in this picture?? I just can't believe that Sawyer is already 8 months old! It really does seem like yesterday that I wrote about her turning 7 months old. Time goes much faster with two sweet little ones that it did with one.
- This past month us started sitting up all on your own without any help. You started doing this just a few days after turning 7 months old. Such a big girl now!
- You are not officially crawling.... BUT, you do a little army crawling and some major rolling to try to get you where you'd like to go- sometimes you make it, and sometimes you end up somewhere else.
- You are still taking three 1-1&1/2 hour naps each day. Your middle of the day nap is your longest nap in which you like to snooze a little longer than the other two. You are still sleeping 10-11 hours each night.
- Feeding. You are still breastfeeding 5 times a day. Really you could go down to 4 times a day with a 4 hour spread between, but I'm just not ready to drop you down yet if I'm being honest. You eat solids 3 times a day after your second, third, and fourth breastfeeding. You have now eaten: rice cereal, peas, green beans, avocados, butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and pears. You seem to like anything we put in front of you. You'll eat avocados, but you still aren't crazy about them.
- You still have a touch of separation anxiety from your Mommy or Daddy, but nothing major.
- You finally cut some teeth this month. Your bottom two middle teeth are starting to make a grand appearance.
- You still have your blue eyes and your curly brown hair. I have noticed that your hair seems to be lightening up just a tad and your curls seem like they are going to grow out to just be curls on the bottom because it just doesn't seem quit a "curly" with some new length.
- Good news! About a week before we were supposed to go in to get your right eye "fixed" from leaking it stopped all on its own. We were grateful that it corrected itself and we didn't have to do anything to help it from leaking.
- You are wearing just a few of your larger 3-6 month clothes, and primarily in 6-9 and 12 month clothing. Some of the 12 months stuff fits perfect, and some is still just a little big.
- You got to go to the zoo for the first time last week. You didn't seem to notice anything, but that's okay- we'll go again when you are older & I'm sure you'll love it!
- This month was pretty hard on your mommy because we had to put up all your baby stuff. It was sad, but we put up your play mat, your bouncer, your final car seat head padding, and your bath seat. You don't need any of it anymore, and it was sad to take it to the attic knowing that we've forever lost that phase of your sweet life. With that though, you love taking a bath sitting up like a big girl with your sister!
- This month you also said "mamamamama" again one more time...closest thing to your first word still. I am loving hearing you say my name (even if you don't know what you are saying!). You've also started pronouncing your "b's" - "babababababa."
Precious baby girl, you are such a sweet little thing. I love how you are starting to laugh- primarily at your sister! Your little giggles are just too fun and you typically can get all of us laughing when you giggle. You are just getting too big too fast. I wish I could bottle time up and come back to these sweet moments anytime I wanted- but unfortunately that's not how it works... I must try to soak it all up and enjoy each sweet minute I get with you. You are such a bundle of joy and I can't begin to tell you how much I love you and how grateful I am that the Lord of all the universe was so generous in picking me to be your Mommy. I love you Sawyer Sue.