Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sawyer is 7 Months Old



7 Months old seems harder to write about than the other months at this point.  It's the number on the other side of 6.... which means she is closer to being one rather than a newborn.  I feel like I just blinked and she's shot to 7 months overnight.  Sawyer's getting so big, and yet at the same time she's still just my little baby.

Sweet girl:
- You are still my little cuddle-bug!  I'm so glad that you have not outgrown this!  I love that we can snuggle up together and nap.  And I love that you still want me to hold you and cuddle with you.
- This past month you have become a more consistent napper throughout the day which is awesome!  You take about 3 one to one & a half hour naps each day.  And you are sleeping about 10 to 11 hours each night.
- You are rolling around like a champ, but you still haven't figured out how to crawl... and I'm totally okay with that.  I know you'll get it in your own time, but for now I'm enjoying that "baby" aspect still.
- You still love your family.  You light up anytime you see Daddy, Mommy, or Kennedie!  You have started showing signs of "separation anxiety," but for now you will still let some people hold you.
- Feeding.  You are still breastfeeding 5 times a day every 3& 1/2 hours or so.  But, you have also added some solids into your diet this month.  You started solids about a week after you turned 6 months.  You have had rice cereal, peas, green beans, avocados, sweet potatoes and even some apple juice.  You really like rice cereal, peas, and sweet potatoes.  You are okay with green beans, and kinda okay with avocados.  Funny- your sister LOVED avocados  and didn't care for sweet potatoes.  You eat small portions of solids 3 times a day.
- Unfortunately with your new diet you've developed new "potty problems."  Your stool is very hard and you are pretty constipated.  We are working with the doctor to try and solve this problem.
- You can sit up by yourself for just a few minutes if you really concentrate, but I would not say it's official yet. :)
- You have been patting things lately.  It's so cute.  You'll pat me, you'll pat the table, you'll pat a toy.
- You will sometimes put your right hand on the back of your neck.  We call it your "diva" pose.  SO adorable.
- Still no teeth.
- Although you have been "talking" for several months now, this last week you have really started "jabbering" so much!  You just talk and talk and talk.  It's so cute! No official words yet. :)
-  You are still my blue-eyed, brown curly headed girl.  So pretty!
- Your right eye is still "leaking" and we'll have to go to the doctor in a few weeks to hopefully have them "fix" it.  Although I have noticed that it hasn't been quit as bad the past week.
- You are wearing a few of your larger 3-6 month clothes, but you have mostly found your way into the 6-9 month clothing and believe it or not some 12 month clothing.  I had to get down Kennedie's old bin of summer 12 month clothing for you to wear this last month or so of summer.  There is no way that you'll fit in her 12 month summer clothing next summer, and so I hate for a few of those outfits to go to "waste" and you not get to wear some of them.  It makes me sad that you guys definitely don't match up in the size/season clothing department.  You are flying through clothes so much faster than your sister... it's okay- you are just a bigger girl & growing much faster.  :)  Before you know it I think you'll out grow her and be passing down your clothes to her.  :)


My sweet daughter, I love you so much I can't even put it into words.  You are such a ray of light in my day and I'm so grateful that you are mine.  I love that we can snuggle up together- just the two of us.  The fact that you are so cuddle-y is one of my most favorite things about you, and something that I hold very dear to my heart.  I will always treasure our  moments of snuggle time.  Every day it seems you become more and more alert and aware of your surroundings.  I love to watch you just look around at everything and take everything in.  You especially like to watch your sister and see what she is up to.  I love you so much baby girl, and I thank God for you daily.  

1 comment:

  1. This is a comment about all the posts I just looked at. Your girls are precious and maybe Kennedie will be green eyed. Us green eyed girls are a rarity. Love the pics and love that I got to watch you grow up to be a precious loving mother with a wonderful husband and a wonderful talent for writing and taking pictures. Just love you and yours.

    ReplyDelete