Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sawyer is 6 Months Old


I just don't think it's possible that my sweet little baby girl is already a half a year old.... crazy.  I feel like time just keeps moving faster and faster.  It really is hard to believe that Sawyer has been with us for 6 whole months.... in some ways it's like she's always been apart of our family, and in other ways it seems like she just got here.  What a blessing this sweet little angel is to our family.

Precious baby girl:
- I am still so blessed by your sweet cuddly personality.  I love when we can catch a nap together and you just pass out in my arms.  I will always treasure those moments.
- You are not a great napper, but awesome at night.   You will sleep anywhere from 9 to 10 hours each night which is awesome!  However, your naps you tend to cut a little short.  Once you wake during the day from a nap you have a hard time putting yourself back to sleep and rarely do so.  It's like you don't want to miss any action in the other room and are ready to be with everyone in the day time.  That's okay... we know you are getting plenty of sleep at night at least.  :)
- You have been rolling over a ton to try to maneuver yourself around.  You haven't figured out how to crawl, but you have figured out that rolling can get you where you want to be.
- You seem much more interested in playing WITH your sister and WITH your toys this month and not as content just looking at everything.
- You are still breastfeeding 5 times a day every 3 & 1/2 hours.  We haven't started you on rice cereal yet, but will probably be doing so shortly.  You still seem plenty content with just milk.
- No teeth yet, but I have a feeling that you'll start cutting some soon.  You drool and chew on everything.
- You have found your voice and have now starting crying when you are fussy and tired.. but you are still such a good baby and so laid-back.  I love how smiley you are!
- You still have those crystal blue eyes and those curls atop your head, but it appears that some of your new hair coming in may be a tad lighter- it's hard to say.
- Your right eye is still watering quit a bit due to your over active tear duct.  We will have to talk to the doctor about that since it hasn't cleared up yet.
- Not sure how much you weigh because we haven't been to the doctor yet.  But, you are wearing all of your 3 -6 month clothing and some of your 6-9 month things.


My dear little Sawyer Sue, you are so precious.  I look at you and just can't help melting.  You are just such a fun sweet little baby.  I truly do enjoy every moment with you.  I still love when we can sneak in a little cat nap with just the two of us cuddling up together... I will always treasure that sweet time.  I love how you are becoming so much more alert and active. It's so sweet to watch you lay on your belly and pull your self up on your arms so tall and look around.  You seem to roll towards your sister constantly already wanting to be wherever she is it.  I love the bond that you two already have.  I feel like you are a Momma's girl right now and that just warms my heart so much... I love that I can tend to make it all better.  You mean the world to me Sawyer Sue and I love you more than I could ever tell you.  Thank you for bringing me so much joy sweet one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment