Saturday, August 18, 2012

Good Morning!


Mornings are so fun in our house!  It may be my favorite time of the day.  When Lantz was out of town this summer I started a new thing with the girls.  Sawyer and I get up at 7:00.  I sneak in the girls room and get Sawyer from her crib quietly not waking Kennedie.  I shut their door and then feed Sawyer.    After that I workout and then it's time to get big sister up.

This is the "new" part to our morning routine: Sawyer and I go in the girls room & I lay Sawyer in bed with Kennedie and then I start singing "morning" songs to them.  They both LOVE this.  They look at each other and touch each other and smile really big.  I sing, "Good Morning to you" (in the tune of the "happy birthday" song), then "Rise & shine and give God the glory, glory..." then "Get up you sleepy head, get up get out of bed.  See how the sun is shining..." then "Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day.  I've got a beautiful feeling, everything's going my way."

Alot of times I'll get in bed with them too and we'll just lay there singing for a bit.  The picture above is from yesterday.  After I was done singing she said, "Picture, Mommy."  So I happily obliged and grabbed my camera to snap them in bed (of course she didn't look at the camera though).

Just love this time so much that I thought I'd share.  :)

1 comment: