Monday, July 16, 2012
Sawyer is 5 Months
WOW.... I think it's just the crazy summer months, but I feel like Sawyer Sue just turned 4 months and then I blinked and now she is 5 months old! Where does the time go? I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that this precious little girl is almost a half a year old. You actually were 5 months old yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to sit and document, so that's why I am a day late.
Sweet little girl:
- You are my little cuddle bug, and I love it! You still like to be in anyone's arms and you take it for all it's worth. You will still cuddle up to me and sleep, but you are also good about putting yourself to sleep in your crib.
- I don't think I documented this last month, but between 3 & 4 months you started rolling over (it may have even been between 2 & 3 months.
- You still eat great! You feed every 3 & 1/2 hours 5 times a day. I think you take in about 5- 7 ounces at every feeding based on what I pump.
- Your Daddy & I left you overnight for the first time this month. We went on the Senior Leadership Retreat for 3 nights. You stayed one night with Cowboy & Bee & the other two nights Binky came to town and stayed with you & your sister.
- You are still a little drool monster, but no teeth yet!
- You are such a GOOD baby... I mean, beyond good!! Seriously. I mean, everyone I know who is around you or who has watched you, can't stop talking about what a good baby you are. You are incredibly easy and laid-back and smiley! You can just sit and entertain yourself, or sit in a lap & be perfectly content & happy. I just can't begin to tell you how fun and sweet and easy you are!
- You take 3 one & a half hour naps a day, and sleep anywhere from 8-10 hours a night depending on how early we get you to bed. :)
- You have really started playing with your toys alot lately. You love all your little rattles... you just think they are so fun!
- You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to swim! You are a little water baby. Every time we take you to the swimming pool you get so excited. You just kick your feet and splash the water and smile & laugh the whole time... it's so cute!
- This month you have really become aware of your sister. You just sit and watch Kennedie and she can just get you to laugh so hard. It's so precious to see how she just captivates you.
- Your crystal blue eyes and curly dark hair are still here. You are just gorgeous!
- The biggest most exciting news this month is that you said your first word and it was "Ma-ma." That's right!!! Not "da-da" it was "ma-ma!" You said it on my birthday and it was the greatest present ever! Even though I'm sure you had no clue what you were saying, you looked right at me and said "ma-ma." I LOVED it! You haven't said it or anything else since then, but I'll treasure it always in my heart.
- You have been told that you look like your mommy several times and you've been told that you look like your daddy several times.... I guess the jury is still out. I vote Mommy!
- You are wearing 3-6 month clothing.
- Your right eye is still watering pretty heavily.
My sweetest and most precious Sawyer Sue, I am bursting with love for you. Every day I look at you and am so grateful that out of everyone on this great big earth, I was chosen to be your Mommy. I feel so grateful. You are my sweet, sweet, girl and I feel such a deep connection with you. This month has been especially joyful! I loved hearing you say my name and I've also loved having people say that you look like me.... My heart just bursts with pride. You are such a good baby. You are so kind and so loving. I feel as though you look at the world around you & just see sunshine & roses! You are so precious, and I feel like you represent the word "innocence" in every way. I love you so much darling little girl.