Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kennedie's 2 Year Birthday Party



So.... at the end of May, (yes, you read that right- May... that's how far behind I am on my blogging) we had Kennedie's 2 year birthday party.  I'm not going to lie- this party was SO fun.  If you were ever going to copy a party- this is the one to copy.  Seriously.  We had a waffle bar.  Oh my... it was so fun! (And cheap.)  It was mid morning- perfect brunch time.  I came up with the idea because Kennedie LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her some waffles.  It's probably one of her favorite breakfasts.  I really wanted to make it a cutesy party still, but wanted it to be personal for Kennedie since we were celebrating her.

I had a table with waffle makers, waffle batter and bacon, and then a table with toppings and sweets: candy, cookies, cupcakes.  I borrowed some waffle makers from some friends which kept costs low.  Also- waffle batter is SO cheap to make... flour, oil, sugar, etc.  Pretty much everything I already had in my cabinet.  I have an INCREDIBLE waffle recipe that I've used for several years now and I just altered it some to come up with the different waffle batter flavors: original, cinnamon, banana, and chocolate.  The other table had pink wafer cookies, pink & turquoise candy, and my friend Andrea's amazing strawberry cupcakes with strawberry buttercream icing.  It also had all the toppings: blueberries, strawberries, bananas, candied pecans, powdered sugar, butter, peanut butter, sprinkles, and whip cream.  It also had different syrups: original, lite, 100% maple, and maple praline.  Yummo!

It was so fun to watch people mix & match the different batters & toppings.  Most people went back for seconds just to try something different.  I really think that everyone had a great time with it... seriously- if you are looking for a party "theme" I would recommend a waffle bar.  FUN & YUMMY!

I made little treat bags with "bacon & eggs" in them for the "thank you" favor for the guests.  It was so easy & went with the brunch theme.  (Just pretzel sticks, white chocolate, and yellow m&ms)

Most of the decorations were borrowed & free or very cheap.  Got an old fence from someone for free & painted it turquoise with paint left from Kennedie's big girl bed, pink tissue paper pom-poms leftover from a baby shower, frames from my garage & grandmother's garage painted pink & turquoise, jars from my sister's wedding, material on sale, used my grandmothers antique table, a friend from church let me have/borrow the pink & turquoise plates, mason jars borrowed from my grandmother, etc... all very inexpensive/free.  After now throwing/hosting several parties my philosophy is borrow as much as you can.  There is no need to spend alot of money to make a party cute.  It can be done on a very low scale budget if you just evaluate the things you already have & borrow other items that you may not own.

Anywho.... enough of me rambling.  Here are some of the pictures.  If you want to see people & present pictures you'll have to check out my pictures on Facebook.









No comments:

Post a Comment