Thursday, June 14, 2012

Life Lately....



So.... we are still here, but I apparently haven't gotten any better at blogging.  I take lots of pictures, but it just seems like I can't find the time to sit and load them on the computer and then find time to sit and write all about our adventures.  Ha!  At this rate when/if we ever have more kids I'll just get further and further behind.  Oh well.

*A quick note about last week:

Last week the girls and I went to camp with Lantz and the high schoolers in Abilene at Kadesh.  In case you are unaware... I am completely 100% SOLD on this camp.  I grew up going to Kadesh, and it changed me.  Seriously.  I know I wouldn't be the same person spiritually had I not attended this camp.  I know my faith has run deeper because of my experiences at Kadesh.  Lantz has gotten to hear me sing praises about how incredible this camp is for the last 8 years, and he finally got to see what all the fuss was about.  I love that as we studied the curriculum and prepared he kept stopping over and over saying, "This is great,"  ... "Every one of our kids should be going to this camp," .... "Wow!  This is such great material,"..... "Why are not all of our teens coming to this camp,".... "This is awesome."  And yes.... those things just kept coming out of his mouth all week long while we were actually there.

I loved being on the other side as a group leader.  We had such an incredible week, and it was awesome to watch God work not only in teens lives, but also ours.  I'm not going to lie though- it was super intense, (especially picking & dropping off a 2 year old & carting a 3 & 1/2 month old around in the baby bjorn and breastfeeding).  The day is jammed pack with praise & worship, small group Bible studies, service projects, prayer time and spiritually focused interactive activities.  There is very little free time.  The day starts at 8am (6:30 for breastfeeding moms) and goes until midnight.  As exhausting as the week was though, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I know that most people have a camp that they feel like is top-notch, but Kadesh really is such a powerful tool in the kingdom of God.  I just wanted to take a little blog room up to express my appreciation for the camp, and possibly to inspire some to try the camp out if they never have.



Okay... onto some pictures & life stories from the Howard household....

Blue eyes & a happy baby!

All smiles!  LOVE her so much!


The picture above if from Mother's Day!  Love my Momma so much, and I'm so glad that we are close now and I get to spend holidays with her.  Notice the girls dresses... I know they are kinda hard to see, but my mom made them.  They are so cute!
This was my Mother's Day gift from Lantz & the girls.  It's a canvased picture.  LOVE it.  It's now hanging, but this was it propped up before we had hung it.

Baking m&m cookies for Mother's Day!  Fun with my girls!



Bubble Fun!

Cute dress with a birdie on the front & one on the back under the dress on the bloomers!  Couldn't resist taking a picture.



The next are a couple of the girls wearing the same outfits & roughly the same age.  They kinda favor each other in small ways, but for the most part I think they are their own.  :)  


This was my blue dress when I was a baby too!


Check out this next collage of pictures.  My mom made these ADORABLE matching outfits for the girls for part of Kennedie's birthday outfit.  I am truly IN LOVE with them.  I tried to take some cute pictures of them, but it was a little difficult.  I don't feel like any of them did justice to the cuteness of the outfits, but here are a few of the best:


Are the outfits just not SOOOOOOOO cute???  I am so proud of her.  She has really been making some super cute things lately, and I'm trying to convince her she needs to sell them.  You'd buy them, wouldn't you???

Anywho, that's all for now.  I'm going to post some pictures from Kennedie's 2 year birthday party soon.  They are on my Facebook if you haven't gotten to see them yet, but hopefully within a few days I'll get them on the blog.... I'm so excited about how it turned out.  We had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. That canvas is awesome! Love it. And yes I would totally buy one of your moms outfits. . . they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dressing girls is so fun! Love their outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete