Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Kennedie is TWO!



I can't believe that my itty-bitty Miss Kennedie is already 2 years old.... Really?  Where does the time go? I don't think that I mentally prepared myself as much as I should have for today.  I can't believe that my first baby girl is technically not really a baby at all any more.

Precious little Kennedie:

-You are like a little sponge!  It's crazy how much you absorb every day now.  Here are a few of the little things that have made us laugh lately:
     - Before bed time you like to ask us to do "one, two."  It's where we count to three and throw you on the bed, and then after we do that you look at us and in the sweetest voice say, "one tine" because you want us to throw you  one more time.  It's so adorable.... needless to say our arms are killing us before bed because how can we resist throwing you 800 times when you ask so cute?
     - A few months ago when you asked where Daddy was I told you he was working and then I proceeded to act silly and sing to you, "He works hard for the money, so hard for the money.  He works hard for the money so you better treat him right!"  You just laughed so hard.  So since then when you've asked where someone is at and they are working I will occasionally sing that song again.  Well, last week you asked where Cowboy was at and I told you that he was working... you then proceeded to  dance and sing, "haaa money, haaa money, haaa money!"  It was SO stinking cute!  You have done it a few times since then and we just eat it up because you are just so adorable!
    - Yesterday when you were looking at your book you licked your finger before turning the page.... someone is obviously watching Mommy closely.
    - Your favorite vegetable is bruselle sprouts (yes, my child LOVES brussle sprouts)-- its so cute, you call them "buss- uus"
    - I love that you know the difference between real hot, hot, warm, and cold.  You say, "hot", "reee hot", "waam", and "burrr."  ADORABLE.

- You are most certainly a Daddy's girl.  Anytime Mommy asks Daddy to hold Sawyer you then proceed to throw a fit for Daddy to hold you.  You have come to grips with the fact that Mommy has to hold Sawyer some, but you definitely don't want Daddy to hold her... only you.
- You still LOVE to be outside all the time.  You are the most content if you are outside. I love how you continually ask "ou-side?"
- I think you now have 15 teeth.  You recently got your pointy teeth.
-We took you to the doctor a few weeks ago for some allergies and you weighed in at a whopping 22 pounds.... you better be nice to your sister she will soon be bigger than you.... very soon at the rate you are both growing.
- You are wearing primarily 18 month clothing with a few 24 month and 2T outfits.  You wear a size 6 shoe.
- You are still taking 2 naps a day, but I think we need to transition you to one soon.  You sleep for about an hour in the morning before lunch and about an hour and a half to two and a half hours in the afternoon depending on how you feel that day.
- We still need to start the "official" potty training.  You are doing very good on our laid back version that we are doing right now.  You will potty at least 3 or 4 times a day on the potty if we take you, but you have yet to tell us when you need to go on your own.  You will pretty much potty anytime we ask if we give you jelly beans.... you love those "beans."  You pretty much refuse to poop on the potty though.  I'm thinking some big girl panties may be the trick to sealing the deal with the potty training.
- You seem to be listening more lately and getting in trouble less.  I think you've figured out that Sawyer is not going anywhere and you have to share the attention.

My sweet little Kennedie, I can't believe how fast you are growing up!  It seems like yesterday that we brought you home from the hospital and now you are growing into a little girl.... not a baby anymore.  My prayer for you is that you'll stay innocent and pure... that you'll be kind to others and make everyone feel as special as you are... that you'll befriend the friendless and care for others... that you'll love Jesus so passionately... that you'll serve the only ONE and LIVING God who loves you.... that you will radiate light and bring others to know HIM... that you'll stay fun and know how to be silly, and that you won't care what others think about you because your confidence will flow from the Father.  Sweet girl you will always be my little Miss K no matter how big you get!  I love you so much Kennedie that it makes my heart hurt and my eyes overflow with tears.  Thank you Dear God for my sweet little Kennedie.  Happy Birthday precious girl!  









2 comments:

  1. She is such a gorgeous girl !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!! Can't believe she is already 2.

    ReplyDelete