Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3 Months


It's so hard to imagine life without Sweet little Sawyer!  In some ways I can't believe that she is already this old, and in others it's hard to imagine what life was like without her.  She has truly changed our world and we couldn't be any more thrilled.  Here is some info on our precious girl:

Sweet Sawyer Sue:

- You are such a little cuddle bug!!  You just love to be held all the time.... which is so different from your sister.  You will immediately fuss a little as soon as we sit you down- you just want to be in our arms... which is priceless.
- Speaking of not wanting to be set down... that has caused some problems this last month in your sleeping patterns.  You started sleeping through the night at 6 & 1/2 weeks old, but about 2 weeks ago you started waking early crying, although you weren't hungry.  You just wanted us to cuddle with you. So sweet, but Mommy & Daddy need their sleep just as much as you.  :)  The last 4 or 5 days it seems we have you back to a normal sleeping through the night routine- which we are all grateful for (including your sister who you kept waking up too!).
- You had to go to the doctor a few days ago for your first sick visit because you have had a really bad runny nose, some sneezing, and some little coughs.  Everything checked out okay, but it appears that you have a minor cold.  We have to keep an eye on it.
- While we were at the doctor they weighed you in at 13lbs and 8oz.  Still a growing girl!
- You are still in 0-3 month clothing and some 3-6 month clothing.  You are moving out of some of your 0-3 month things though and into a few more 3-6 month pieces.
- Even though you wear cloth diapers, we have a few disposable and you have already grown out of size one.
- You have discovered your sweet little hands this month!  You have started to play with them and just stare at them... so cute! You will also use them to knock some things dangling above you on your play mat.
- You are still eating great- 6 times a day every 3 hours or so.
- You have started to drool majorly the last few days.
- You are still a difficult little girl to burp.
- This month we stopped swaddling you at night (which is another reason why we think you stopped sleeping through the night).  You also started rolling around... so fun!
- You "coo" at us and smile at us so often now!  My favorite!
- You still have your pretty bright blue eyes and your soft little curls.

My sweet little Sawyer, oh how I love you!  Some days I wish I could sneak you away to a deserted island just to stare at you all day.  You are so fun to look at and hold.  I love when you grab my hands and stare at them... it makes me feel like you are trying to give me some loving back.  I love how strong you are and how you try so hard to be such a big girl by standing and holding your neck up... but it also makes me sad because I want to keep you tiny forever.... you are already growing so fast.  I am so grateful for you and I thank God daily for choosing me to be your mommy.  You are precious sweetheart and I love you.

1 comment: