Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sawyer is ONE month old!!


I thought I had prepared myself for how fast time flies with a new baby... I obviously under-prepared.  If I thought that time went by fast with one sweet little girl, it goes by doubly fast with two.  I can't believe that it's already been a whole month since this little angel joined our family. It's been so much fun!  Here is some facts that I didn't document last week in the 3 week post:

Precious Sawyer:

- I'm thinking sometime over this next week we'll put to rest your newborn clothes.  You are a growing girl!  I'm thinking you are already close to ten pounds, and I did some measuring of my own and it looks like you're already close to 24 inches long!  
- You were born with blue eyes, and they are still blue.  We'll see if that color sticks around, or if they'll change to brown like your daddy's eyes.
- You have my skin tone- a little darker than your sister's and your daddy's.  
- You are still eating every 2 & 1/2 hours, and at night you are waking twice to eat still.  You go down around 9:00, wake about 12:30 to 1:00 to eat, go back to sleep, wake at about 4:30 to eat, go back to sleep until about 8:00 am.  
- Your naps are not very consistent.  You will sometimes eat and stay awake until your next feeding, or you'll eat and then go to sleep until your next feeding.... it's all very random right now.
- You make the cutest little baby noises that I just love!
- You are a very good eater!  You are a great breastfeeder and you will also take a bottle if I pump.
- You started sleeping in your own bed in you & Kennedie's room when you were 5 days old.  (Coincidently your sister started sleeping in her own bed in her own room at 5 days old too!)  You and Kennedie do really great together at night.  We've had a few incidents where you have woken your sister up and vice-versa, but for the most part you guys sleep through each other's noises.  
- You are swaddled at night which you seem to like.
- You take FOREVER to burp sometimes... and if I get lazy (especially at the 4am feeding) after 20 minutes (no elaboration) of trying to get a burp out of you and lay you back down to sleep you will spit up.... no fun.  
- You take your giraffe Wubba-nub pacifier to calm you sometimes.

My sweet Sawyer... oh how my heart swells with love for you.  I could just stare at you for hours and watch your little movements.  I love how perfectly you fit in my arms and how you feel all snuggled up against me.  I feel so blessed that the Lord chose me as your mommy.  Your little random smiles are just adorable and they give me warm-fuzzies to see.  It's so special for me to see you and your sister together... I know you two will be the best of friends some day.  Little angel, I love you so much!  








5 comments:

  1. She's so pretty! Can't believe it's already been a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A month already!!! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely precious. I mean.... totally melting my heart just looking at these pics. I can't wait for my little girl to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just beautiful! Sounds like the transition to two has been pretty smooth as well, so yay! I really like that you put them in the same room, that is a good idea. What a great way to encourage the "sister bond" from the very beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a beautiful baby, I love that hair bow in the last picture. Oh how I will miss hair bows with a boy!

    ReplyDelete