Saturday, February 25, 2012

21 Months


Three days ago Kennedie turned 21 months old.... CRAZY!  Everyone warned me that as soon as Sawyer arrived Kennedie would automatically grow up even more.... well, it's true.  I was trying to prepare myself as best as possible, but it amazes me how much she has grown up over the last few weeks.  I think that every stage that Kennedie has been through has been fun... there are lots of exciting things that happen with each new mile marker, but I can honestly say that I think the stage she is in right now is SO MUCH FUN!  Every day she says or does something that I am blown away by... either because it is so cute or I didn't know that she knew something that she actually did.  So... here's what's been going on with Miss K the last month:

My adorable Kennedie:

- The biggest thing that you've been through this month is getting a new baby sister.  You are the BEST big sister ever!  You give Sawyer sweet kisses, or you want to hold her, or you want her to sit by you, or you say, "baby?" when you are not sure where she is at, or you want to help burp her.... you are AWESOME!  You have started acting out a bit for attention since Sawyer has arrived, but I'm so grateful that you have not taken anything out on your sister.  You are just interested in testing the limits with your Daddy and me.  We are trying very hard to make sure you get lots of alone time and extra attention, but I know it's hard on you to share.  But, again, sweet Kennedie, I'm so proud of you- you are an incredible big sister and you have surpassed my expectations.
- You say the cutest things now.  You like to say, "hold you"  owhen you want us to hold you instead of saying "hold me."  You say, "hop you" in a very high pitched voice (instead of "help me") when you want us to help you do something.  You like to say, "wock" for "rock" (rocking chair).  The other day you put the word "silly" in context all on your own.... at church a few parents and teens were laughing in the parking lot and when we walked by you said, "silly."  We tell you that you are being silly all the time, but this was the first time that you called others silly and it was in the correct context.
- One of the coolest moments as a mom happened a few days ago for me.  I was sitting on our bed feeding Sawyer and I could hear you in your room.  (Your room is right beside our room.)  You were supposed to be laying down for a nap, but you were jibber-jabber singing... I couldn't really make out what you were singing, but then I heard you sing, "happy, happy, happy" and then really loudly, "Amen... Amen!"  Best ever!!!  You were singing "If you're happy and you know it say, 'Amen!'"  I LOVED it.  It seriously was such a priceless moment for me.
- You think it's funny when we "dit you" ("get you") and you run and hide.  You will run to a corner somewhere and lay down face down with your hiney up in the air and you think we can't see you.
- You have always been hesitant around Uncle Ellis (my sister's new husband), but when he and Aunt Feather came to visit you and Sawyer last week you could not get enough of your "Alice."  So cute!  You will still ask, "Alice, whe he it?"  Adorable......
- You are pretty much in 18 month clothing even though it's a tad big on you... we just can't put you in your 12 month to short of sleeves and pants any longer... you look homeless.  So, 18 month will have to do even though it is kind of to big still.  You are just a tiny girl!
-I love that you will look at the camera and smile now.  I like that you understand the concept even if you don't always cooperate.
- You are such a good helper.  You always want to help your Daddy or me do something.
- You took your first shower this month and you thought that was awesome!  Then you took a bath in the kitchen sink because you saw Sawyer taking one and then you thought that was awesome to take a bath in the sink.  So cute!
- You have seen Mommy pumping milk, and so you like to pump for milk too!  :)
- You are such a good eater.  I have to brag on you.  You really will eat mostly anything.  I love that you are not super picky and that for the most part you will eat whatever we are eating.  You especially love fruit.... any kind.... any time.   You like to eat apples like a big girl-- it's so cute to see you grab one when we are not looking and just bite into it like you know what you are doing.
- You are still doing great in your big girl bed!  So proud of what a great sleeper you are.... although I'm thinking it might be getting close to dropping one of your naps and going to one nap a day.  You were sleeping 2 full hours in the morning and afternoon, but now you are sleeping about an hour and a half at both times.... I'm not sure if that's because of your new sister's arrival though... we'll wait it out and see how things go over this next month.
- You seriously love to go to Bible class and see your friends.  I love that you love your friends so much!
- You are obsessed with sitting lately.  You will tell us to "sit" (which sometimes sounds like a word that isn't so nice) 40 different times a day.  You want everyone to sit where and when you tell them-- so funny!
- You like to "dance."  You love it when Daddy plugs his Iphone into the speakers and the two of you dance.  Just priceless.
- You like to take off Sawyer's bows, socks, hats, and blanket.... for some reason you are obsessed with these things being "offt."
- You say, "bik-kit" which could mean: "biscuit" (your favorite), "blanket," or "breakfast" depending on the context.... it all sounds the same.
- When you say your name it's so funny!  You call  yourself "diddledee."  You can't say "Kennedie," so when you try it just comes out so cute with "diddledee."
- You really love your baby dolls right now... all of them!  You constantly have at least one of them- sometimes all four of them.  You really like to make sure they are wrapped up in a blanket.  You are such a good little mommy.

Precious Kennedie, you mean so much to me.  You are such an incredible little girl.  I am amazed at how the Lord prepared our hearts to welcome Sawyer into our family... especially yours.  You are such an amazing big sister and it's so neat to watch you love on Sawyer.  It melts my heart when you give her kisses and hugs.  You are at such a fun age right now.  I feel like you understand everything that we tell you, and you are able to express so much now.  I love how smart you are and how you will tell us exactly what you are thinking.  Your little run is adorable and your high pitched voice is just so cute right now.   I am so grateful to be your Mommy.  I love you so much my sweet girl.  




Okay... picture overload:













No comments:

Post a Comment