Saturday, October 22, 2011

17 Months Old


17 Months old today!  Really?  The past few days it seems like I look at you and still see my little baby.  Although you are growing up so much every day, you are still my itty-bitty baby in so many ways.  My heart is still exploding with love for you & I'm so grateful to call you my daughter.

My sweet little angel:

- You are loving to run from us right now.  If we are calling you to us for some reason it seems like lately you have just been taking off running as fast as you can.  You think it's so funny for us to chase you.  It is the cutest thing to watch your little legs high tale it as fast as possible.
- Every day it seems like you understand more and more what we are telling you. You understand alot more than what you can communicate that's for sure.
- You have been going to the nursery less and less during worship lately.  You are starting to understand what "shhhhhh" means and are listening better when we tell you.
- You have been a little clingy at church lately and tend to cry when I leave you for Bible class, but your teachers say that you participate in class and have fun once I leave and you calm down.
- You are still wearing 12 month clothing.  You are still so tiny.
- This past month you got several new teeth.  You went from 8 teeth to 11.  One on the top back right, one on the top back left, and one on the bottom back left.  These new teeth are helping you chew lots better too!
- You still nap for two 2 hour naps each day (except Sunday or other random days when we are out and about- you take one long 3 hour nap or longer).
- You have started to give kisses again much more generously.  You will also give them on your own now sometimes without us even asking.  It's so fun when you just look at us and peck your little lips onto ours unexpectedly.... melts my heart.
- This month you are starting to say a few more words clearly- like: "ball" "no" "bye" "bow" and "dog".  Some words that you say not so clearly: "momma" "dadda" "peezzzz" (please).  But you are still using your signs a ton so you communicate quit effectively with us- especially to tell us when you want something to eat or drink.
- You got your first sinus infection this month and it was not any fun at all. You ran temperature for about 5 days and just wanted to cuddle.
- You also took your first trip without Daddy.  You went with Mommy to Arkansas for your Aunt Feather's bridal showers.  (You did very good on this trip considering you were sick.)
- You got to go to the zoo for the first time- which was super exciting.  And you also rode a train for the first time.   (We went yesterday and there is more to post about this.)


Oh my sweet, sweet, little girl- how I love you.  Lately you have wanted me to hold you more and more and it has to be the sweetest thing ever.  I wonder if you secretly know deep down that it won't just be the three of us for much longer.  I get sad sometimes when I look at you and see how quickly you've grown. Everyday is a new adventure and I'm so grateful to discover new things with you all the time.  Every day you teach me more and more about God's unfailing love and I'm in awe of our creator because of you.  You are so precious to me and I don't think I can ever express to you how much you mean to me.  You are my little doodle-bug and I'm so thankful to be your Mommy.  I love you so much sweet girl.






3 comments:

  1. She's getting so big! And, that outfit is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big. I can't believe she is saying soooo much. Cant wait to see her soon!!

    ReplyDelete