Friday, September 16, 2011

Belly Bump Update






Well as you can see... I am growing.  The last few weeks I have especially felt like I've been popping out a little bit more.  I feel like I actually look pregnant now.  My nausea has gotten better.  I'm not nearly as sick, but occasionally in the mornings I will feel it some.

We went to the doctor a few weeks ago & got to hear the heart beat & the doctor said that everything seemed good.  This past Wednesday we got to have another sonogram done.  The sonogram lady said that everything was looking great with baby #2 and that he/she is growing perfectly.  I am measuring right at 18 weeks which is great news.

This sonogram we could also find out the sex of the baby if we wanted to.  We really want to know the sex of the baby, but we decided to again have the sonogram lady write it on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope.  We did this with Kennedie and opened it Christmas morning with family to reveal the gender.  We have not decided how we want to reveal this time around... so ... it's been sitting on the kitchen counter, unopened, for 3 days now.  I thought I wanted to have a gender reveal party with family originally, but life is kinda crazy right now, so I'm not sure.  I think I want to just keep it simple.  Either way ... one thing is for sure... I'm ready to know.  Lantz thinks it's another girl, but I'm still undecided.  I can't call it.

What do you think we'll be having?

What do you think we should do to open the envelope?  Anything special?  Something simple?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

6 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! I saw this on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/pin/182572888/) and thought it was so cute! You could take a box to Party City (or somewhere similar) and have them put the balloons inside...or you could even do one little box with one balloon. Have them weigh down the balloon so you can take pictures with Kennedy and the colored balloon...it would be easy!

    But no matter how you do it, it's SO fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having a cake or cupcakes made with icing inside that is pink or blue so you find out when you take the first bite! I don't know how you can stand it knowing it's right there in the envelope! Eeeek! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking so cute and beautiful! I like the cupcake idea, and if you want to be with family then have lunch all together, or go out to eat together and bring the cup cakes with you. Don't make it hard on yourself when you so much going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a bad friend. I still have not told you congratulations. I'm so sorry. Congratulations! I'm so excited for y'all! I think you should just open it one night alone (maybe even on a date). I think it's so special to find out with just your husband first and then do something creative with your family. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Kennedie should get to open the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! You look great. Can't wait to hear about what you guys decide to do with the envelope!

    ReplyDelete