Thursday, September 22, 2011

16 Months Old

16 Months old!!!  It seems like each month just passes quicker and quicker, and every day you just seem to be transforming into my little baby to my little toddler.  Sometimes I have to do a double-take ... it seems like I blink and you grow up a little more each time.

My precious girl:

- You are an adventure seeker.  You love to run, climb & explore.
- You are starting to listen more when we tell you no.  Instead of continuing to do whatever you want, sometimes you now listen and stop yourself.  We are getting there.
- You love to go to Bible class still, but you've now started crying again when I first drop you off.
- During worship service I now have to bring you to the nursery because you haven't quit figured out what "shhhhh" means or how to sit still.  I'm hoping over the next few months you will grow to learn what being quiet means and we can bring you back into worship with us.
- You are still wearing 12 month clothing with no 18 month clothing in sight.  Your 18 month stuff just falls off of you & looks massive.  Curious to see when you make it into those things.
- Still just 8 teeth, but I think you are trying to cut a new one.
- You still lay down for two 2 hour naps each day (except Sunday is one 3 hour nap).
- This month you have not been as interested in your books as you were last month.  It's weird how quickly things change for you.
- You have learned how to bite food off.  For example take a bite out of a sandwich or of a corny dog.
- This month you have seemed to be more of a Mommy's girl versus last month you were much more interested in Daddy.  It's cute how you reach for me and blow me kisses!
- When I ask you if you are ready to go "Night, Night" you start to quietly sing: "Nigh, Nigh."   LOVE this.... it is so cute!
- You are signing to us more and more.  You sign: bye-bye, bath, brush teeth, food, milk, done, more, and please.
-You are starting to get the hang of your spoon and you are wanting to use it more and more all by yourself.

Kennedie Danyelle, I love you so much.  I don't think I could ever express the amount of love I feel for you.  You are just so precious.  I love this stage of life you are in right now.  I love that you are starting to listen to us and you seem to understand so much of what we are saying.  I love that you are signing more and more to us and that you are actually communicating with us and we are not having to guess your needs or wants as much.  I love that you have so much energy.  I love that even though you are not a cuddler you still want me to hold you every now and then.  I love that you will randomly plop yourself down in my lap ... it's like you just know you belong there.  You are so special to me and I love you so much! 


And picture overload... because I can:

















1 comment:

  1. That's so great that she's still taking two long naps a day. Jude stopped doing that around 13 months. Kennedie is such a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete