Wednesday, June 22, 2011

13 Months

Well, today my baby girl is 13 months old!  Wow.  1 year & 1 month.  I don't have a picture of her specifically from today because she is still not feeling very good.  This is the first time Kennedie has been sick, and it has taken a toll on her.  She seems to slowly be feeling better, but definitely not in the picture taking mood.  Lucky for you I have a ton of pictures on my computer from the past few weeks that are dying to make an appearance on the blog.

My little chicka at 13 months:

- You are most definitely walking a lot more lately.  You are about half and half... Half the time you walk, & half the time you still prefer crawling.  Every day you seem to take more and more steps.  You look SO big when you walk!
-You still very much do not like the word "no."  I see some definite troublesome toddler years ahead of us. Stubborn like mommy?..... I think so.
- Your Bible class teachers say that you participate so much in class now.  They say that you enjoy it all except for the "wind."
- You are in the process of weaning right now.  You are only taking one breast feeding a day, and that is first thing in the morning.  At first you were not to keen on the organic whole milk, but now you like it just fine as long as mommy and daddy remember to but a little Ovaltine in it.
- You had to go to the doctor a few days ago because you got sick for the very first time.  You have a yucky cough, a fever, and a yucky snotty nose.  When you were at the doctor you only weighed in at 17lbs and 6.5oz...... really...... only 6.5oz in a month.... you itty bitty thing you.  It's definitely going to be several more months til you get to ride in a big girl car seat.  For now you are riding just fine backwards!
- You are finally in 12 month clothing, but some things are still pretty big on you.
- You are still blond & blue- eyed with 8 teeth still too.
- You are still napping pretty great- two, two hour naps.
- You are so funny now.  When we ask you to show us your muscles you grit your teeth down, make a mean face, and fist up your hands.... SO stinking hilarious!!
- You also now do the sign for "done" when you are finished eating.

My sweet and sassy little girl.... oh how I love you!  If words could only describe how I feel about you.  You are getting to be so much fun, & such a handful all at the same time.  Thank you for being my little girl.  I'm so thankful to be your Momma!  


Pictures from a few weeks ago.... she is enjoying her new pool that she got from her Papa & Nana:



2 comments:

  1. She's precious--I love that last picture with her huge smile! I hope you guys are all feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete