Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ife's Wedding

Not this past weekend, but the weekend before that we had the privilege of going to my sweet friend Ife's wedding.  It has been such a blessing to be back in Texas so that we can share life with friends and family again.  I know I keep saying that, but it is so true.  I really did not realize how much I missed out on being so far away from family & friends.

Ife (one of my best friends from college) married Barri, who is such a sweetie.  Lantz & I got to meet him about a month ago at their shower.  So fun!  They really do seem perfect for each other.  The wedding was in Houston, so Lantz & I drove down to College Station on Friday to spend the night with Lantz's sister & her family.  It was so fun to see our sweet nephews & niece.  We got to be there for Cason's birthday & so we had cupcakes to celebrate.  Saturday we drove from College Station to Houston for the wedding & the reception & then headed back to McKinney at about 9:30 that night.  It was a whirlwind of a weekend, but it was so much fun!  Let me just say that Ife looked INCREDIBLE & I'm so glad that I got to share that special day with her & Bari.  Here are just a few pictures from that night:

















This past weekend was just as much fun & I was just as much blessed.  Lantz & I took 27 of our youth group girls to Abilene for the West Texas Girls Conference.  It was an amazing weekend.  I was so glad that I got to bond some with our girls here & share in new memories with them.  We have such special girls here & I feel so blessed to have a calling to work with them.  The theme was Crave; craving the Word, craving sharing the gospel with others, & craving an intimate relationship with our Father.  Awesome weekend!  Kayci Ross was the speaker & she did fantastic!

A highlight from the weekend was getting to see my sweet friend Laura.  I have not seen Laura in 5 years!!!!  Laura was another one of my very best friends in college, & I hadn't got to see her since moving away 5 years ago.  It was not only special to get to see her, but also to meet her precious little girls Reese & Lucy.  I feel like I know Reese & Lucy because I read Laura's blog & see pictures of them all the time, but meeting them in person was so special.  They are so pretty in pictures, but they are even more gorgeous in person!!  They were so sweet & even though we literally only got to see them for 20 minutes- it was so special to me!  Here are some pictures of our girls together & one of Laura & I holding each other's babies:




1 comment:

  1. That sure is a cute picture of Miss M and Miss K! Can you imagine the two of them in 3 or 4 years? They will be having so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete