Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Office to Loft....

Okay, so one of the fun things we did over our 3 day President's Day weekend was transition rooms in our house. We have 3 bedrooms- our room, the guest room, and the office. We also have a loft that really has never gotten used. We had a couch, coffee table, and chest in the loft, but we rarely sat in there to enjoy it. So... while trying to prepare for Kennedie we thought we'd sell off all the loft furniture on Craigslist to make some money for Miss K's room, and then move our office into our loft. So, Kennedie's room will be the old office.

So, after selling off all the loft furniture it was time to repaint the loft to prepare it to become our new office. Now our loft has 3 walls- two of which were brown and one was orange- so not going to work for the office. If you remember our cute office (click HERE) then you know we just did a makeover on it a year ago. Well.... as cute as it was, lime green was not going to work out in the open in our loft. So, we kept it all the same except we painted the walls Gobi Desert (from behr paint)- a khaki. I actually think I love it more now then before. You don't realize how busy the lime green actually was until you see it in a calming khaki.

Pictures:

Old, cute, fun, lime green office (soon to be Miss K's room):


Old loft colors without furniture (already sold on craigslist):




New, khaki, subtle office/loft:






I love this room so much now because it is actually getting used, and it's really cute now! (I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the loft before with all the old furniture in it.)

We also primered over the lime green to get ready to paint Miss K's room. That will be a job for this weekend or next, or next.... or whenever we get around to it!

So here is Kennedie's room for now.... no lime green & primer on the wall & painting materials still sitting out waiting for the job to get done!

I can't wait to tell you what we decided on for her room decor! I want to wait until I have something to show for it. I'm just so excited about it!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. good job!!! It is really cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!!!! I know Kennedie's room will looks great also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mom and sister always had the cutest ideas for decorating. Can't wait to see baby Kennedie's room. I am sure it will definitely be a girly girl room. Take care and I love reading about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yall did a WONDERFUL job on your office, It makes me want to work on something really important at the desk! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new loft! And you're right the calm color on the walls makes the other colors pop even more- it looks wonderful! I would love to completely finish out a room like that, I fear for what the guest room will look like as we move John's home office into there. I will have to find a new place to hide his mess. And I still love that desk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool! i love the loft, can't wait to see what the baby room will look like :)

    ReplyDelete