Tuesday, February 16, 2010

An Echo in the Darkness- Mark of the Lion Book 2


Okay... so one of the things I've been wanting to blog about for a few days now is the second book in the Mark of the Lion series: An Echo in the Darkness. (Go HERE to read my review on the first book if you missed it.)

This book was so GOOD!!! I really couldn't put it down. The other book took about 100 pages to get into, but this one I was hooked at the beginning. (Don't try to read this one without reading the first one though- it won't make sense.)

So, the story continues with Hadassah, Julia, and Marcus. You only think Hadassah is not apart of the story anymore after book one, but she is!! It goes on to chronicle her life as Azar, meaning Helper and how her life once again becomes intertwined with the Valerian's life- even though they don't know it.

My favorite part of this book follows Marcus's story though. It shows how he wrestles with his love for Hadassah and then comes to know the greater love of the Lord. Beautiful, amazing, awesome story line with Marcus.

Julia frustrates me alot in this book, but I'm glad that her story was apart of the mix still.

I can't say enough positive things about this book. I'm afraid to keep typing because I don't want to give to much away. Even though this book is fiction, I feel like it's helped me in my spiritual journey to draw closer to God and to be bolder in my faith. I love the encouragement that it has provided for me.

I am patiently waiting for the 3rd book in the series to arrive at my house.... I ordered it early last week, and I can't believe that I don't have it yet. I can't wait to start it!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. OK...I have had all of these books since last Christmas and have never opened them...you have convinced me...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you liked it, I know there were a few of us that have talked it up but I knew you would love it. I read it for the second time last fall and fell in love with the books all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so I read Redeeiming Love (BEAUTIFUL) Gave it to Dee, Lyndi & now Robyn is reading it. So, I am almost done w/Voice in the Wind..Going to get Echo today...I am in love w/these books!!! Thanks for referring!!!

    ReplyDelete