Saturday, October 31, 2009

Redeeming Love


Okay.... I loved Twilight, but I can honestly say that I enjoyed Redeeming Love 10 times more. I'm a sucker for a good, sweet, love story- and this one gave me just that. Not only did I get the man & woman love story, but I got the most amazing love story of all time- God's love story for us. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I could not put this book down. I started it Monday, and finished it up last night, Friday night. I probably would have finished it quicker if I didn't have to work and if i wasn't so tired with my pregnancy. I have to admit that I am sad that it's over.

So, for those of you that have never read it- it is a modern day telling of the book of Hosea in the Bible. It takes place during the California gold rush. Angel is a young girl who lives in the life of prostitution- basically the only thing she's ever known. Michael Hosea is a young, pure man of God who is a farmer. God speaks to Michael to go and marry Angel. As Michael tries to show Angel a love she has never known she eventually discovers a love she has never dreamed possible and a eternal love unimaginable to her.

If you enjoy reading at all, or even tolerate it- then this is a MUST read.

Lantz and I are supposed to trade books. He is going to attempt Redeeming Love and I am going to attempt A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.

After I finish Lantz's book, I plan on reading another of Francine Rivers books- The Scarlet Thread.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite books too! If you liked it, you HAVE to read the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers...they are my favorite books that she has written. I truly think they made me a better person by reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skip the Scarlet Theard and go straight for her trilogy "the Mark of the Lion." Scarlet Theard is good but Mark of the Lion is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete