Saturday, September 12, 2009

Twilight Craze

I can officially say I've joined the Twilight craze. I am sad that I recently joined this bandwagon, and that I did not give the book the credit it deserves when it first came out. I really didn't think I'd like this book at all, but it is now my new favorite book. Yes, it has officially claimed the title of my favorite book of all times. I don't think that Stephanie Myers is a great writer, though. But, she has a great story. I'm hoping that her writing skills improve as I continue through the series though.

I finished the book yesterday afternoon, and I made Lantz rent the dvd last night. I did not like the movie. It was alot "darker" than I imagined while reading it. The actress I don't think captured the innocence that I got from Bella while reading it. I also didn't buy into the "love story" line as much in the movie. They had like one interaction with each other and then it was like- "Oh, I love you..." Not buying it so much- that's lust ladies and gentlemen. In the book I fell more in love with the "couple" of Bella & Edward and not so much of the idea of them. I also don't think that the movie would have made sense to me if I had not read the book. They left out a lot of key points to the whole "vampire" story line. So yeah, like all book/movie combos- the book was of course better.

I do think there are some great purity lessons you could pull from this first story. I love how when Edward goes in to kiss Bella he has to pull away when temptation starts to set in. Granted his temptation is to kill her- it's a great message for our young Christians to draw boundaries and to pull away when things start to get "hot and heavy."

I hate to admit, but this story is really addicting. I found myself all week day dreaming about the characters and wondering what Bella and Edward were up to. I have so many unanswered questions about their relationship and the whole vampire saga. Please don't ruin it for me and leave me a comment about something- I've tried really hard not to find out endings. I hope that Bella does eventually become a vampire.... weird to say that, but it's true. I think it'd be weird for her to get old and him to stay "17." It'd be like the whole Benjamin Button thing... gross.

I am going to start New Moon tonight. I am looking forward to it, and I'm sure I'll go see the movie in November even though Lantz and I really don't go to the movies out here cause they are so pricey.

So yah.... I've officially confessed that I am a teeny bopper at heart. I love teen dramas. I love Hannah Montana, I love Twilight, I love Sister Hood of the Traveling Pants... so I am owning up to it- Mrs. Jessica "teeny bopper" Howard. There... I said it. That wasn't so bad. Now... I have reading to do!

3 comments:

  1. I read all four of those books while pregnant with Lucy. They kept me up all night. So addicting. I like the last book the best. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha--I was in the same exact boat with the crazy series. They are so completely addicting. Can't wait for you to read the next 3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so addicting! glad you liked the first one.

    ReplyDelete